Themes application rejected with no reason October 2020

Hello,

My porfolio was rejected three times, but the last one I just don’t understand why because I designed all the screens as well. I’m fed up with this situation because there is always an insignificant generic message without the reason. I’m not new in the theme development world, I have a good portoflio for Huawei devices that count more than 270k of paid downloads globally and 200k in china. I would be happy to know why they refuse a portfolio without completely check it and without give me a TRUE REASON. In attachment the two pdfs rejected.

Waiting for a kind reply,
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

Portfolio 1.pdf (1.6 MB) Portfolio 2.pdf (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Everyone asks similar questions, but the answer is obvious!
You have too simple graphics and not expressive icons (sorry for the frankness).
Go to the theme store and analyze the best of themes and icons.

1 Like

Hello,

1. Great, but what you said could be written as a “reason for rejection” from samsung for example instead of using a generic error because previous portfolios were different but always rejected with no reason that could help to understand.
  2. Like many things, there are several people in the world, some love this style and some not, honestly I think that not a few people have to decide whether or not to accept a style based on their preferences but users worlwide (maybe during a trial period). I don’t think that huawei users are so naive who spend an euro on these themes, some lots like it and some not it’s life :slight_smile: .
  3. I saw a lot of posts about “application rejected”, some with beautiful screens. So, this confirms that not everyone has the same ideas and not everyone likes the same things (especially on visual things).

So for sure, I respect your opinion without problem, obviously not all people like o dislike always the same think :slight_smile: .

Thanks for the answer Sir,
Best regards!!

There is no single recipe for a positive decision in your favor. It will always remain a lottery (lucky or not).
Each portfolio (in reality there are thousands of them) has its own reasons for rejecting the author. I don’t think there are staff who write a detailed rejection.
One of my acquaintances tried for 3 years and was later accepted. Try again anyway.

2 Likes

A: In many parts of the world, criticizing someone is considered a great offense.
B: It is not possible to send every one that replies an individual critique. There are just too many applications and too few are accepted.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

2 Likes

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the answer!! In my honest opinion I don’t think I have criticized anyone, but as I know my English is not perfect, if some term is not liked or has offended Alex or you I have no problem apologizing for it :slight_smile:. (if the problem is the “insignificant” word, sorry but in Italian we use a lot it and is not considered offensive)

For the first point I only said that have a rejection reason a bit more detailed could help users to better understand the way they should take to improve the portfolio. But if the rejection is for example because there are lots of participants and is not possible to review all portfolios they should use a message that help user to understand that the only reason is the high number of applications and only some are accepted.

For the second point it was only a suggestion, it was not a critic, obviously as I said some people can love a style and some not this is a personal opinion I think, it was only in response to the Alex reply.

For the last point instead it was only a personal opinion about other portfolios rejected with generic reason, to confirm that lots of people may have different opinions and generic messages could create confusion on the forum.

I mainly am a software Developer so I completely now that sometimes (for a practice example) a big huge of AM or ME requests could be difficult to manage :slight_smile:. The principal think I want to report is the rejection reason that lots of times is not clear and this could flow into lots of post on forum with similar subjects.

I don’t know if the point is clear but in case I remain available for everything :wink:

Best regards,
Andrea

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

In Asia it is impolite to criticize someone. That has to be taken account of when they send a rejection note. so it is intentionally vague.

I was told that all submissions are reviewed it is not like once xx are accepted the next x,xxx are rejected without being viewed.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the answer. I believe I have sent suggestions and asked for clarification without criticizing anyone, but as I said before, probably in asia some terms are seen differently than in Italy, and I apologize to the team for this, if anyone has felt criticized :slight_smile: . I hope they will eventually accept them.

Best regards,
Andrea

Hi Xaime,

Probably I understand who you are. If I’m not wrong you’re in the whatsapp and discord groups about Huawei Designers :slight_smile: . For sure you can write to me on [Address Deleted] without problems :wink:

" We could even meet halfway to the Mediterranean to have a few beers, perhaps in Ibiza." Yes, hoping that the pandemic situation will vanish soon.

Best regards,
Andrea
[edited by moderator]