Tizen app binary update

hi, I need help. I have already submitted a beta version to the seller portal with 1.0.0. now when I going to upload a new binary with version code 2.0.0,

it gives me

• This binary is already in use

And then I’m going to update the existing binary with the new version, now it gives this.

What is this version code thing? there is no way to add a version code to my config file. but in the seller portal, there is a version code and it’s not in my project files.

Can you please help?

Is this a watch face or watch app?

Here are some hints I think the last one is what is stopping you.

• package ID is not same thing as file name. Package ID must remain same across all updates. You can see the package ID in the Build window in GWD. Leave that alone!
  • version number is just below that - CHANGE it for each new version, and make sure the newer one has a higher number.
  • once you build your project you will have a XXXXXX.tpk file - rename it directly through your file explorer, because file name MUST be different for each uploaded binary.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

hi Ron, Thanks for the help. This is a Tizen watch app and it’s a web project. so it is xxx.wgt file. I will change the file name and will update you.

hi Ron,

can you please send me a sample configuration file with version number and package ID please? because I’m working in Tizen studio and I can’t find the build window.

i tried with changing the name, then it gives below error.

The binary is invalid. The app type must be identical to that of the other registered binaries.

I can’t see anywhere to change app type and I didn’t do the changes to that app type. hope for your support!

I think you need to completely remove old binary file & add new for both TW4 & TW5. Package name must be the same, version code have to be higher than on previous one.

hi, how to change the version code? I can’t find a place to change the version code thing. I changed my version from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 but I can find that long number (version code)

The version is a setting in the Seller Portal. 1.0.0 is the 1000000 number the dots are ignored

Do not remove the older binary file or buyers won’t be able to update their version.

Ron

The version setting part is automatically done from the seller portal side? (I mean the long number 1000000) or can we change it from anywhere in Tizen studio? The next thing is when I change the binary name and reupload, it gives me

The binary is invalid. The app type must be identical to that of the other registered binaries.

from where can I see the app type in Tizen studio?

The version setting part is automatically done from the seller portal side? (I mean the long number 1000000) or can we change it from anywhere in Tizen studio?

When you change the version to 1.0.1 the store will show it as 1010000

The next thing is when I change the binary name and reupload, it gives me

from where can I see the app type in Tizen studio?

Use File Explorer in Samsung to rename it, it sounds like you may have changed it from a xxxx.tpk to xxxx.tpk2 or something instead of xxxx2.tpk unless you changed something in the manifest files.

Ron

hi Ron, I changed my version to 1.1.0 . I have changed the app name to Gum1.1.0.wgt via the file explorer. seems I need to use it as gum2.wgt right?

It should work as long as it is the same file type as the file you are updating.

Let me know if you still have a rejection but that should get you to the app review.

Ron

hi, it’s working. I rename my binary from gum1.1.0.wgt to gum2.wgt and now it’s working perfectly. Thank you for all of your support!