Tizen TV Emulator Not Launching (HAXM not Detected)

Emulator Manager cannot launch the TV emulator (platform: tv-samsung-5.5-x86) on my Mac, getting the error message:

Failed to launch emulator: T-samsung-5.5-x86

Your system cannot support HW virtualization. Try install KVM (ubuntu) or HAX (windows or Mac)

The emulator was working before on this computer.

I updated the packages via Package Manager. HAXM was also installed. Recently, I had ugraded to macOS BigSur (Version 11.0.1)

Has enyone encountered the same issue? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

As far as I know Tizen Studio does not work with macOS Big Sur version I’m surprised you got this to work at all.

There is an update for Tizen 4 due out hopefully this week or next that fixes the Big Sur issue watch for that and see if that fixes the emulator issue as well.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Thank you Ron. Actually I only tried launching the emulator in Emulator Manager, didn’t try to start Tizen Studio.

What is the solution to this problem?

An updated version of Tizen Studio that fixes Issues with Mac Big Sur was released today. Please use the following link to download Tizen Studio 4.1 version https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download and see if that fixes the problems.

Ron
Samsung Developer program

I believe you have an AMD processor. You can read more about this on the Tizen.org site https://developer.tizen.org/zh-hans/forums/sdk-ide/running-tizen-emulator-on-amd-cpu.?langswitch=zh-hans

Ron

Thanks for your response
i hade have Core i7 processor

1 Like

I’m not sure of the Hardware for TV and I updated to Tizen 6 yesterday and now the TV extension is broke until they update the link :frowning: I have a Windows so even if I get it to work it may not work for your system and processor

I see some stuff on Tizen.org with this HAX issue but they seem to be older. I think it is the same issue as the AMD processor but I’m not sure. If you open a support request the team may be able to help you.

Ron

I’m still can’t running on Mac Os Big Sur 11.1

You can open a support request this doesn’t seem to be uncommon issue in previous macOS versions as well. When I looked in Tizen community and Stackoverflow it was a Java path error.

Ron

Can you share me Stackoverflow link :smiley: ?

There seems to be a solution for this on Tizen.org

Ron

Hi, bro
Did you find any solutions?

Hi guys,

This issue still happens on Mac Catalina (10.5.7) Macbook pro Processor Intel i7

I Have installed the TV-extension 6.0 , and the TV extensions Tools but the error persist.

Do you have any ideas ?

1 Like

If you have the AMD graphics card it isn’t supported.

see the prerequisites here.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello Ron thanks for your answer.

I have an Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB

Most Smart TV support is through the TV Seller Office if you aren’t a partner information for that is on this page.

You can also try the regular developer support request. They have some links to the Tizen Development team and may be able to help you.

I hope one of them can help.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

It is really unbelievable that such a big company like Samsung is unable to make the Emulator work with AMD CPUs.

Maybe you will end up doing it once AMD switches their production from TSMC to Samsung … :man_facepalming:

I am using Mac OS Big Sur, 3.1 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 I installed Tizen Studio 4.5.1 and install intel Hax (Release HAXM v7.7.0 · intel/haxm · GitHub) But when I setup the TV emulator and tried to turn ON CPU VT then I get below error “Failed to launch the emulator. Your system doesn’t support HW virtualization, Try install HAX” But I already installed HAXM so not sure why it still shows the error