Try to create run the watch face on device

When i attempt to run the watch face on my watch galaxy active 2. I put in my password for the author file then click on next but when i do that it then shuts down and says a error has ocucured check the logs.

Any help

You have to use Galaxy watch studio program if you’re a Active2 user.
The Watch Face Studio is only for galaxy watch 4 series.

That’s the app I am currently using sorry have put it in the wrong forum

Hi Lewis,

If you are using Galaxy Watch Studio 2.0.1 uninstall it and get the Galaxy Watch Studio 2.0.0. There is a horrible bug in v2.0.1 that the AOD isn’t created and it will fail to build. I have a feeling that is the issue you are getting.

If going back or if you never updated isn’t the issue then.

It may be a keystore issue, check the path for your keystore and also make sure your distributor file is up to date.

The log is located in
C:\Program Files\Gearwatchdesigner\
or
C:\Program Files\Galaxy Watch Studio\ folder

If it is not there then you need to run eclipsec.exe instead of Galaxy Watch Studio close GWS and restart with eclipsec.exe

Let me know if you are on Windows or Mac and what version of them

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

I had the same problem with GWS 2.0.1 - it is still available to download. Since I bought a new PC I had to reinstall my programs. First I instaled GWS 2.0.1 but the resources problem poped up. So I checked forum and uninstaled it. Then I instaled GWS 2.0.0 but now I am not able to log in my author certificate. It crushes every time. Here is the log.
log.txt (3.9 KB)

Edit:I am able to send my work to my watch, but I am not able to build anything.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the log the error was in the very third line
java.version=17.0.1

Unless you need Java 17 for some reason uninstall it and go back to an earlier version Java 8 is the last public release and recommended. GWS 2.0.0 is compatible for Java 11 and probably newer as I haven’t seen this reported until Java 17 was released.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ah, ok. I downloaded java 11 and now it works. Thank you so much. :slight_smile: