Trying to log in to get a distribute certificate

I’m using Tizen Studio for the first time and trying to create an author certificate. When it pops up the login to the Samsung account nothing happens after pressing “Sign In”. This sounds similar to what is being discussed here.
Is this a server issue? I’m running this on Windows 11.

No the seller portal stopped supporting IE and the browser that Tizen Studio and GWD use to access the seller portal is IE based.

BTW - how did you get Tizen Studio to run on Windows 11 the only way I know is to reinstall some old VC program that had 32 bit dlls.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ron

does that mean there’s no way to create a certificate now? Is there a workaround or is it going to be fixed?

I installed some old vcredist from MS based on googling the error.

I have escalated this as far up the ladder as I can. I think they just need to flip an IE compatible setting. Hopefully it will bet to the right person and fixed quickly. This affects Smart TV apps and those sellers can be large corporations it should get quick attention.

It won’t hurt if everyone submits a support request :slight_smile:

Ron

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing the same symptoms. If you click Login in Distribute certificate, the login does not work. Is there a solution?

Hello the same question here.
I also have this problem and can’t get my dials to be pushed to the clock,
I can’t create a distribution certificate because I cannot see the Recapcha button when I am asked to log in.
Are there any new insights to solve the problem?

I have escalated this as high as I can and that was escalated higher.

if anyone wants to submit a tech support request it may catch attention but I think I have their attention.

Ron

2 Likes

I am told they are working on the problem and hope to have it done and tested for deployment the week of 11, September.

They need to fully test it for security before the patch can be deployed.

Ron

1 Like

Is this still slated for next week? I believe I’m having a similar issue except when I try to make a distributor certificate the page that should be the login page is just blank and I am unable to proceed.

I am also having this same problem when I try to login to get a distribute certificate it is all just blank. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS AND SHOULD NOT KEEP HAPPENING

Even I cannot find the login page. I don’t know what is the problem…

Hopefully it will be fixed early next week. They can’t deploy it until it is fully tested and that is the hold up.

Thank you for understanding as this is resolved.

Ron

Is there a way that in the future they can make bypass for this so we do not get held up for over a week on this? Is it unacceptable to have to deal with this…

No it is a security issue and it should never happen again. Samsung announced it was not supporting IE long ago. No one thought to check if this would affect the Certificate Generation but it did. My understanding is that it is testing that is taking the time now.

Ron

And it should be done by the 11th of September?

They can’t deploy until it is fully tested with no issues. I can’t say by any date it just causes more unhappiness if the target isn’t met.

Ron

I understand what is the targeted date?

Support has asked for a specific deployment time but so far it is still under testing.

I wish I had something more specific.

Ron

I installed Tizen Studio on Windows 11 without any special tricks. I did it a few days ago. I can’t get the Samung Certificate to issue like a number of people.

are there any updates on the release?