Trying to log in to get a distribute certificate

I installed Galaxy Watch Studio today and made a face I wanted to try on my watch. When I try to sign into my account using google, it pops up on Edge and just spins saying “One moment please.” Nothing ever happens after this. My samsung account is through google and I can sign in everywhere else, just not through this buggy app. I’m experiencing several bugs with the app and can’t even change colors on some of the items I insert.

forget it. I was able to make one with facer and with better tools that actually work

I’m pleased you could do that. The reason it wasn’t doing anything was you had not connected to a device or put some random number in for the device ID.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ron,

I believe you’re incorrect. I’m having the same issue and have connected to my watch successfully. The sign in seems to be broken, and prevents people from uploading watch faces. Please let me know if you have a solution.

All of My Best,

Spencer

HI Spencer,

Are you saying you cannot create a distributor certificate this pops up on occasion and usually lasts a few hours or days when they do server maintenance.

If you are trying to upload your watch face for sale, unless you are a Watch Face Designer Partner you cannot upload watch faces to the store.

They have removed many people from Watch Face sales for lack of activity so just being able to do so in the past may not mean you are a current partner. I can check on your status.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I can try again tomorrow, but this is over the course of a few months I tried again and it’s happened again. I am just trying to obtain the cert so I can upload a custom watch face for personal use. I am not and have never been looking to sell watch faces.

All of My Best,

Spencer

HI Spencer,

Just a shotgun approach to issues that I know of in the past.

At what point does it stop there is a captcha (I am not a robot) that you have to do before you an sign in and it is below the password and enter… In one version of GWS it didn’t have the scroll bar to go down to click on it so it looked like you were hitting next and it wouldn’t do anything. That may have reappeared.

Do not use FireFox as your default browser Chrome is recommended. You have to have 64 bit Internet Explorer installed if you have Windows 7 or 8 but it is not necessary with newer Windows version.

A few months ago they updated a link to Tizen.org and it caused issues because of time outs but that is different.

I can try and help if you have more information.

Ron

I have the same issue. In my case I simply want to create my own custom face (with a personal picture). Is a certificate really needed for your own device?

Yes you need to have the Distributor Certificate see why below. If you are failing to connect other than the Seller Portal server is down for maintenance or something. There are two other things. You should try with a Chrome Browser and if you have a version of Windows 7 you have to install the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer.

There are two certificates one is Author’s Certificate and that tells the Store who you are and has to be the same one for any changes to an app / Watch face.

The Distributor Certificate allows the software to be installed on a device and is specific to a single device. This is so someone can’t create a bad app and sneak it onto someone else’s device. It would be discarded and replaced by Samsung as the distributor for retail.

Tell me more of your specific issue and I can probably help here.

Ron

Well I installed Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen (using GW3). I was able to find the watch via wifi, but when I use the Run on device option, I get the Request Device Profile.
Since I made an account via Google Authentication, I use the same thing there. And this is where I get stuck after entering password, it is stuck on One moment please…
I’ve left it for about half an hour once.
Could be that Google auth is broken, I know that they have changed something recently because I stopped working somewhere else too.
Should I make a samsung account instead?

A

It could be the two factor authentication
Try signing into the seller portal before you try to get the distributor certificate and be sure to select remember this device when you do that.

Since this has gone on for a while I’ll report it to the Store Ops team but because of time differences it probably will be Monday before it get to the server support team.

Ron

I managed to get it working by making a samsung account, but I had to use another gmail account that I did not use to log into samsung via google auth yet. The other two kept saying I should use google auth.

Thanks for the update.

Ron

I am also experiencing this exact issue. I cannot advance any further past entering my account password. The “Sign in” button does not perform any function or advance the page to login to my account at all. I have even tried logging into my Google account (it spins and never completely connects) and I’ve also tried creating a brand new developer account. Nothing allows you to gain access to the account. I have tried on 3 different computers: Windows 11 ARM, Windows 10 x64, and macOS trying out 3 different browsers set as default: Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer x64. Once again, nothing works to allow for login. Ron, can you please help?

I believe that the Galaxy Watch Studio is still forcing the antiquated Internet Explorer as the internal web browser within the app. I was able to see this banner on the top of the page that says we will no longer be able to access our Samsung account using IE after April 2022. Could this be the cause of this bug? I set the main default browser for my PC as Edge. Can we edit a file within GWS to allow Edge as the default browser as well?

You’ll notice that if you try to sign-in on Edge using the same login page link below, you get a “success” message: Samsung account

On the certificates they have a captcha that didn’t show I am not a robot and you’d have to scroll down to see it. I don’t know if that is the reason or not. At one time you the drag bar didn’t show but a mouse wheel would let you scroll down.

There is also an issue signing into Samsung Developer and Seller Portal accounts because of a Captcha and I think that is because firewall or proxy settings are blocking that.

Anyway using Edge or Chrome as default browsers should work and IE would not work in 32 bit mode and had to be updated but that is no longer supported at all.

Let me know if you got your certificates

Ron

Hi Ron,
Your analysis is not correct, there is a login issue with the developer website, i always get the below error whenever i try to login immediately after i enter my email address and i have disabled all firewalls, using 64bit chrome browser
This is preventing the galaxy watch studio from obtaining the distribution certificate, how can something that serious go unnoticed for a week !!!

You are right my analysis was not correct. There is another thread that this is discussed in further. The issue is that GWS internally uses IE browser to connect IE is no longer supported on the Seller Portal.

We are trying to see if it is possible to use Tizen Studio to generate the certificates.

see this thread for Possible work arounds

Ron

Thanks Ron for the quick response,
i actually get this error while trying to login to the developer site through the regular chrome browser not the GWS, it has been like this for 4 days now.

Is there any other way i can get the distribution certificate by providing the Device ID (i have that already from the GWS), perhaps through email to the support team.

The Tizan studio is quit a big application and you need to pre install it to get the certificate plugin to work, its an over kill solution for someone who just wants to customize his own watch face

Regards

Theres a notice that Samsung is doing maintenence on their servers. I think it’s causing DNS problems for a lot of people. Power off your router to reset it. Your router has DNS cache.

Some people are now getting error messages for the servers reaching high capacity rates.