Unable to install the App due to invalid id format of certificate in signature

Hi Team,

In Our Side,we are able to install the app.When we submit The App to store,they are raising the Issue like Unable to install due to invalid id format of certificate in signature.

We are not able to understand what was the problem.Could you please Help me for this.
am attaching the Samsung QA Error Image for better understanding.

It has been my observation that this is because the seller is using a Tizen certificate and not a Samsung Certificate. Do you have a Samsung Author’s Certificate?

See more about certificate on THIS PAGE

If that isn’t the issue upload the attached .jpg file it may show more information.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi @Ron,
Thanks for the reply,

It has been my observation that this is because the seller is using a Tizen certificate and not a Samsung Certificate. Do you have a Samsung Author’s Certificate? //

If that is the problem,we are also will get the same issue right.but we are able to install the app.
We Didn’t created Samsung Certificate ,we created Tizen certificate only. so i guess that is the Tizen Auther’s certificate.so means we don’t have Samsung Author’s Certificate.
please correct me am wrong.

Issue is not understanding why they are unable to install…?

Is Certificate profile name and App Name should be the same…? while creating certificate.

If i again created a new Certificate and submitted the app through new one ,then the seller team raise any issue regarding this new…?

Are you saying you can install your app on a Samsung Smart TV not just the emulator. If you can you have to have a valid Samsung Distributor Certificate so it must be an Author’s certificate that is in error.

To explain more…
The Author Certificate tells Samsung who you are if you have a Tizen Author Certificate then it isn’t registered with Samsung but you can upload to the Tizen Store.
The Distributor Certificate tells the device who you are and that you are allowed to install on the device.
Your distributor certificate is replaced with a Samsung Company certificate when you upload to the store so it doesn’t matter if it is Tizen or valid.

You can have more than one certificate profile be sure you are using the Samsung profile so the encoding is readable.

Ron

i also experienced the same issue recently.with my custom made app that opens bookmarked sites on my favorite list …dont know it work with samsung ssamrt tv or not.

Hi,
Yes ,am able to install the app in Samsung smart TV with submission certificate only.If the error is in Author certificate,then am also face the issue right…?

I am using the Tizen studio 3.6 version.In that i created the Author certificate,and when creating time,didn’t asked the Samsung account details.so in this case,if we have to registered the certificate with Samsung …? if yes …? then how we will do…?

Hi,
We have created a Tizen Certificate over Samsung certication and that we used for submission on Samsung TV Seller. In below 17 models TVs we got the Approve and above 16 TV models still in testing.
Is Any Problem with Tizen Certificate in future on Samsung TVs…?

Hi Ale,

I think you have everything in order !!

Ron

Hi,

I think you have everything in order !! // Means i didn’t get You.

Here am asking a question is like,Samsung smart TV Application will work with Tizen author certificate…? or not…? (Means App installation problems)

For more details…

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/getting-started/setting-up-sdk/creating-certificates.html.

In One Application,We have created a Tizen Author Certificate over Samsung Certificate and that we used for submission on Samsung TV Seller. In below 17 models TVs we got the Approve and above 16 TV models still in testing.

So,Is any problem with Tizen Author Certificate in future on Samsung TVs…?

Author Certificates tell the store who the author is so you need a Samsung Store author certificate to distribute on the Samsung Store. You need a Tizen Store author certificate to sell on the Tizen Store.

You will need the same Author certificate if you ever want to update the app so keep the certificate in more than one place and safe. You can use the same Author certificate for more than one App and that is what is recommended.

The Author certificate is not relevant to running on a Smart TV only for the store.

Ron
Samsung