Watchface Studio 1.3.12 Frozen When Date is 1 Jan 23 Cannot Open

I am unable to open the watchface studio 1.3.12 since Today 1 Jan 23.
I am having this error when i try to close watchfacestudio

I have tried complete uninstall . removed Java on my windows 10 . Restarted my laptop. But i am stuck with error. Can some one please help with issue . It was working perfect around 12 hours ago. Now it doesnt work.

After uninstall i checked programfiles/watchfacestudio. there were no files. Which java version do i need to make it work because i have removed java and still not work

2 Likes

In my experience Java is separate . I would re-install that first . It is still 2022 here . I am certain it will be better Tomorrow . Mine is fine but after your experience I would not be surprised if it is stuck tomorrow for a few Hours . I will let you know .

1 Like

Thanks for your reply .

I tried installing latest java , rebooted , re-dowloaded watchfacestudio, delete file remains from local , appdata folder. installed uninstalled watchfacestudio. nothing seems to be working. I m still unable to open wfs and still same java error.
dump.log says this as shown in screenshot

1 Like

Your reply prompted me to do this. I changed the date to dec 1 2022 manually on my pc and the watchfacestudio runs just fine :slight_smile:

This means nothing wrong with my pc or Java ??.
Because on 2023 automatic time watchfacstudio throws the above java error.

As soon as time is automatic updated when i open web browser even although i have set it to manual in my pc… The time automatically changes to 2023 and again watchface studio is frozen .

3 Likes

I’m also getting this white screen for the first time in the first day of the year. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks Osman for back date tip.

[1.3.8][1/1/20239:17:47 AM][checkFirstLaunchAfterInstall(index.js:133)] First execution after installation
[1.3.8][1/1/20239:19:23 AM][n.send(browser_init:165)] Error sending from webFrameMain: Error: Render frame was disposed before WebFrameMain could be accessed
at n.send (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:165:417)
at b.send (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:2494)
at BrowserWindow. (C:\Program Files\WatchFaceStudio\resources\app.asar\build\src\main\listener\appCloseListener.js:61:32)
at BrowserWindow.emit (node:events:526:28)
[1.3.8][1/1/20239:19:46 AM][checkFirstLaunchAfterInstall(index.js:141)] Not first execution after installation
[1.3.8][1/1/20239:21:14 AM][checkFirstLaunchAfterInstall(index.js:141)] Not first execution after installation

2 Likes

By directly changing the date to December 1, 2022 in the pc settings, the error that the galaxy watch face studio does not run and stops with a white screen has been resolved, but it is inconvenient to see the original time.
Is there any other solution?

1 Like

You Guys are way ahead of me with your IT knowledge but you don’t need much IT skills for Voodoo.
Happy New Year.
I am certain the glitch will sort during the day. I will run a test when I get up.

Yeah White Screen here 9:30 1st JAN 23 UK .

Same problem here, but thanks for the date workaround hint

1 Like

Yes,I can solve the problem by change the time to 2022 in my conputer, but it can’t be a useful way because it could break down the connect of https websites.

1 Like

I am certain it is a Java thing . If it was down to Samsung it would have been sorted out quickly . I don’t like messing with the date on my PC .

1 Like

It’s not a java thing. It clearly says the issue is with JavaScript! A totally different language… It’s definitely something the Samsung developers/QA overlooked. Hope they fix it soon…

2 Likes

Cool . Thanks I reckon to learn something every day .

same Problem here with MacOS 13.1

1 Like

Doesn’t work on my end as well. I’ve changed the date to a previous one and then, that worked.

But when I exit WFS to go back in, it no longer works, again.

If someone could figure out how to fix this critical bug, that would be great.

1 Like

Hope you are right russellcresser. I don’t use this program, too to much, but when I want to, I want it to work. Not a white screen. Happy New Year. SeeYa’ on “F”.

1 Like

I also have this issue still today (2nd Jan in Australia)
The date workaround worked. Thank you for providing that.
Hopefully it’s resolved soon.

Scott

1 Like

Hi!,
Our WFS development team is aware of this issue. They are preparing a new version to resolve this issue. Hopefully the fix will be released within this week.

To know the temporary solution and update about this issue, please read Watch Face Studio Issue after 2023 post.

Your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jakia

4 Likes

Why so many Topics on the same subject. Can people not see a Topic has been started on the subject. Good of @Jakia.Sultana to give the answer required.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. At first I thought it was because of my new computer. But the WFS did work before 31st Dec '22. Now I understand.

1 Like

same happened to me

1 Like