About Smart TV

Please use the Smart TV Category for discussion of but not limited to questions for and exchange of ideas with other Smart TV developers Also…

• To give encouragement and guidance in developing apps for Smart TV.
  • The use of Tizen Studio tools for Smart TV.
  • For questions regarding the Samsung Smart TV product, please use Samsung Customer Support website https://samsung.com/support
1 Like

Does anyone know if its possible to create an app and make it so where it can run in the background while another application is being used to stream tv. I have an idea I am working on and this is how it needs to be. Thanks

Hello
I have problem that Content doesnt resume after reconnecting the network
Procedure : 1. Run the app 2. Login if needed 3. Play any content 4. Disconnect the network 5. Wait for content to stop 6. Reconnect the network Notice defect: Content does not resume after reconnecting the network
Pre-Condition : null
Can u help me please

Hi everyone,
I have a question about beiing Partner Group.

I’m trying to be a partner group so that I can distribute my application in Korea.

It needs content manager’s address who can approve the partnership that I don’t know.

So I left a question on 1:1 QnA but there’s no answer at all.

Please let help if you know something else about it.

Thank you all,

Best regards,

KKTT

I’m in the same situation for Brazil. I leave questions and no answers. I saw many people on the forum with the same problem. This is very poorly explained by Samsung and I see that there is not much help on this topic. Help us Samsung!

@tiago.martins

The information is on this page Basically you sign up for a public group to validate your app and are assigned a content manager. If you do well in the US, then you can become a partner.

The Samsung Apps TV Seller Office currently offers two different types of group accounts: 1) Public Group, 2) Partner Group.

Public groups are for general group accounts at the TV Seller Office. Public Groups can use all features of TV Seller Office available to general groups, but can only distribute their applications in the US.

A public group becomes a partner through Samsung Content Manager’s approval. Prior to that, a partnership contract with Samsung or a local Samsung subsidiary is required, as per the Samsung Content Manager’s guidelines.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello, where can I find the change log about the samsung Beamer the premiere LSP7T?
Regarding the updates

Hi,
is it normal that i can’t choose to make a native app for TV? I’ve installed all required SDK’s. :thinking:

Smart TV apps are web based .wgt files. You can use .net that is about as close the native as you can get for Smart TVs

Ron

1 Like

Hello, good day, I have a Samsung smart TV S95b, which is used on the high seas as a boat monitor, I want to repair its system and I need to be able to have the program on a pendrive so that when you connect it, your entire system can be repaired, is this possible? Since my client wants the security that I can solve any of those problems because he does not have internet for Samsung to update it remotely.

If so, where could I download the executable operating system to transfer it to my pendrive and when connecting it to the Tizen TV I can run it

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. However, this is not the correct forum device support.

My advice would be just to buy a second TV for your just in case scenario.

But for support,
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

How do I modify the Tizen OS operating system of a Samsung, remove everything and I only want to modify the boot icon (startup logo that says Samsung OLED) and have the company logo appear and after that after 30 seconds it shows me the HDMI input 1 ?

is it possible to do this?

Anything is possible. Tizen OS is open source

Is it practical, not unless you really know what you are doing. C allocates memory space and if you change the icon and it used more memory space than the Samsung Logo it could have dramatic effect on everything in the system… or not.

You might find a better answer on the Tizen.org community.

Ron

A post was merged into an existing topic: Native apps in tizen studio