ADB/Bluetooth debugging issue

I designed my own watch face and I run it on my galaxy watch device but in the tutorial it said I should turn on the ADB debugging but I can’t find it in the developer options menu. How can I turn it on ?

1 Like

Hi,
You can find the debugging by following these steps:

1. For developing mode on: Settings->About watch->Software->Software version (tap 5 times on software
    version))
    ** After tapping 5 times on software version, show a text that development mode is on
  2. Turn on ADB debugging mode for the watch (Settings->Developer options->ADB debugging).
  3. Turn Debug over Wi-Fi

Let me know if you face any problem for these steps.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry i’m late because of school.
Anyways, I tapped on the software version 5 times and the developer mode options are shown, but it only contains “On pixel ratio” and “turn off developer mode” I can’t find ADB debugging mode or debug over Wi-Fi

Well, I got one, tho the method is a bit annoying

First, open ADB debugging mode, Debug over Wi-Fi & Wireless debugging (And yeah, you need wifi as well)

Then get yourself the Android Platform Tools, just for the adb.exe file running on Command Prompt (you can get one at https://adbinstaller.com/)

After you download the tool, you need to use the CMD to navigate to the tool (in my case, it’s located in Desktop\For Work\Android Platform Tools) and run the command connecting to your watch (bare in mind that you need to do the pairing for first time setup)

It should look like this once you got your watch connected:

IDK if you can do these by yourself or not, but bare in mind that my grammar isn’t that smooth, if you got problem, just ask me here :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Forgot to show this image as after pairing successfully

Mind if I ask what model you have there? Mine is Watch 4 Classic

I have Galaxy watch (1) (and not gear s3)

Thanks I will try it

Did it work? Or it doesn’t work?

I’m pretty sure your Galaxy Watch 1 is using Tizen OS, which you need to use Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen OS instead of Watch Face Studio for OneUI OS?

Mine is Watch 4 Classic, so I do need to use the WFS and connect it via CMD

I don’t know if yours would work this way or not considering I don’t have the Tizen OS watch :L

I can’t open the adb debugging mode, debug over Wi-Fi & wireless debugging,
I can’t find it in the developer options

Can I transform the WFS watch face to galaxy watch studio one without creating it from the scratch?

I think I really need galaxy watch studio cuz I can find my watch there but not in WFS

Not sure, as I have never done such action before

Definitely

You can convert from gws to wfs but not wfs to gws

Hello! I need some Help.

I’ve updated my Watch 4 to Wear OS 4, and because of this, I can no longer connect to the watch using the command prompt.

The IP port is no longer 5555 - every time I enable wireless debugging, a new 6-digit IP port is generated.

C:\Users\User\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows>adb connect 192.43.0.52:45857

daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
daemon started successfully
failed to connect to 192.43.0.52:45857

@r.liechty_SDR

There is a thread that tells how to use the an app for this. I’ll try to find it and add it here.

Here is how you do it with WFS 1.5.7 Beta (the beta is the plugin) The big Key is …
You have to be patient WFS will say cannot connect and then 30 seconds later it will connect so be sure to not just keep attempting it over and over.

I’ll find the link for the other tool that is probably what yo want.

On Watch click on settings then developer option
Turn on ADB debugging and ok that
scroll down to where it says WirelessDebugging tap on it
wait few minutes and
write down the IP address followed by :xxxxx the port number

Then click on Pair with new Device (apparently you have to do this ever day )
it will have a pairing code
followed by the IP port and a different port number

Run on Device
fill in the IP address in the top
Fill in the first port number when you first turned on ADB Wireless deguggin
Fill in the Pairing code
Fill in the last port number when you paired the device

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

See this thread if you are still using WFS 1.3.13

Ron

Thank you so much @r.liechty_SDR

This is golden information. It saved my last neurons.

Thanx, with your information here I’ve got it, but with a Laptop with WLAN only.
But I’m using a simple PC, this PC has no WLAN but a LAN connection.
How can I connect my PC with my watch?
Before my updateI’ve used an USB cable. But it will not longer work.

Hope you can help me. Thanx.

I have to correct myself.
I’ve just tried it with the adb pair, then adb connect command, and all is, OK.
PC has LAN connection, and watch has WLAN connection.
Thank you very much.

thanks for that information. This was hit and miss with the older modems but I think all modern ones have the same networks no matter if it is 2.4 Ghz 5 Ghz or LAN connection.

USB may be supported for non-Samsung devices but I guess Samsung considers it a security issue and disabled USB debugging 4 years ago.

Ron