Advertising ID Statement

Hi,

I received the following email for all Watch Faces.

You must complete the Advertising ID Statement before you can publish an app for Android 13.”

Does anyone know where I can find the ID and if it even exists? I have not created an advertising ID in either WFS or the Play Console.

Look in your mailbox in the console. There is a link in the message …

1 Like

If you don’t want to take the detour via the mails, you can also fill out this point directly in the apps. Check the screenshot.

1 Like

Thank you. I will do the same.

So, we just have to answer “NO” to the question “Does your app use an advertising ID?”

Our watch faces do not have advertising ID, is that correct ?

I don’t know that I have an advertising ID. So: I mark “No”.
But it would be interesting to find out what that means exactly and what you can do with an advertising ID.

The advertising ID is a unique, user-resettable ID for advertising, provided by Google Play services . It gives users better controls and provides developers with a simple, standard system to continue to monetise their apps

1 Like

This is such a pain. I got already two rejects of my previously approved releases because the person at Google decided I didn’t include a screenshot for square watch faces. By now I know I should just remove the Oppo support. So instead I tried something different, took a square screenshot in WFS run preview window and included that image in the screenshots. Still waiting to see if it worked.

Watch faces created by WFS should not use any Ad SDKs.
So we should tick “NO”

1 Like