App bundles and APKs using sensitive permissions, Submit declaration

I got a email, stating I need to “Submit the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission declaration by July 20”.

Not sure what this is, and how to go about submitting a declaration. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kodiak,

You probably need to rebuild your apps using the latest WFS 1.2.6

There is an old thread and WFS 1.1.4 was the fix for it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi, I’m not sure this will help. I face a new problem, non the less. I’ve been busy, and didn’t have the time to update my apps, before July 20th. I can no longer update the apps, until I submit a “Submit the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission declaration". I just need to know, “What” this permission is being used for.

Do you have your privacy policy published. I think that is what it is looking for.

Privacy Policy

Ron

Good afternoon. In the first text column, I asked to confirm the permission so that the app can be updated without QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES.

Then I put a tick in the first box. And lastly I put the address to my Privacy Policy page.

Then I loaded the new software updates. What could not be published.

I returned to the page after 30 minutes. And I was able to publish the new program updates.

1 Like

Please elaborate further. You published a privacy policy, and then submitted a new version of your app?

I did not have a privacy police set up. Didn’t think I needed too. Because I don’t collect any information. I’m not even sure these watch faces do. But I ended up setting up a Privacy Police on Google Sites.

With that said, I still have to set up the Sensitive permissions and APIs, Query all packages permission section of the developer consoles. This is still a part of the original issue I was seeking help with.

Do I just update my app with the new version of WFS?

Exactly. I put the address of the security policy in the video instruction window and went to add new releases to submit.

It is possible that the security policy may not be sent. Try to copy any address.

In the ultimate goal, write your intentions why they should approve it. To be able to correct the error.

Updates cannot be submitted until this window is approved.

1 Like

I did not have a privacy police set up. Didn’t think I needed too. Because I don’t collect any information.

You need one that says you don’t do that. I believe it is part of the GDPR regulations

Do I just update my app with the new version of WFS?

Yes that should fix it. It was something in the older version of WFS that was fixed in the newer releases. (I think it was the library used to build WFS was updated).

Ron

Ok, I added a new version of the app. Built with the new version of WFS

I added a privacy policy. And I’m still unable to publish the app. This is what I see, “Ready To Send for review”

Screenshot 2022-08-06 151536

Check the application resubmission for review. If it is not allowed, then check again after some time. I was allowed to after 30 minutes. Submit the program for re-review and run the new updates immediately.

Ok, everything is in review. I’ll post if it accepted. thanks