Can't get info Remote Test Lab

Whenever i log into the test lab it redirects me to a 404 error

Hi. I am also facing this error. I have not been able to use test lab because of this.

user api errors out with the same page i mentioned .
thats probably why it it does not work

same error, i cant login in remote lab

i have the same error here please fix it

64 bit Chrome is required for the 2FA now you will need that and set up 2FA in your Samsung Account.

The header too long error often come and you have to delete browser cache. You can check that if you go to an incognito Browser Window and are able to sign in. Then it is the browser data.

Hope this helps if not please provide more information.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relation

still cant login doing this

I get the Header is too long from within Samsung Network but not outside of it on my personal account. Don’t know if it is because of VPN issues or something Samsung does. Deleting Browser Data fixes it for a few weeks then it pops up again.

A lot of people reported it this morning. It could be something in the server, often that can take a day to propagate.

Can you try signing into your Samsung Account first then trying the RTL Make sure 2 Factor Authorization is on in the Samsung Account.

What country are you at? It may be just your particular region and not affecting the US.

Ron

i’m from brazil, i hope will get fixed soon
thanks for reply

I am from the Dominican Republic and I have done the steps! Nothing yet.

It doesn’t look like you have two factor authorization set up.
You have to set up 2FA to use the RTL now that way we know you are a legitimate user and not using it to watch YouTube.
You do that in your Samsung Account at samsung.com once you do that you should be OK

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

@techsolutioneirl

Same with you it doesn’t look like you have two factor authorization set up.
You have to set up 2FA to use the RTL now that way we know you are a legitimate user and not using it to watch YouTube.
You do that in your Samsung Account at samsung.com once you do that you should be OK

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations