Certificate Error 12 when trying to run on device

(error message in attached image)

When I try to run a project on my watch, it starts loading, gets to about 65%, then displays the attached error message.

I have already tried the following:

• Resetting the author certificate
  • Resetting the distributor certificate
  • Rebooting the watch, Restarting GWS, Reinstalling GWS, Restarting my computer
  • All of these together as a user suggested
  • Making sure all applications, OS, etc. are up to date.

No matter what I change, the error message continues to pop up.

Thanks in advance!

I might be wrong, but I think this error is related to the “connection” between the watch and the PC…

Did you create the certificate while the watch was connected? If not, try to connect and generate the certificate

Assuming you accepted the RSA Encryption key did you build with GWS 2.0.1 if so and you aren’t on a Mac uninstall it and install GWS 2.0.0 (previous versions on the same download page) GWS 2.0.1 is terrible.

Often the partial install then fail is because of a corrupted AOD, Font or Image file. However the Check for Certificate error -12 is almost always you didn’t accept the RSA encryption key when you first attempted to install.

Make Sure Developer Options are on not just debugging
When you First time did a run on device did you accept the RSA Encryption Key or after you rebooted? If not that is the issue.
It only pops up for a short time.
Reboot your watch by holding down the power key(s) for about 15 seconds until it says rebooting. The

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

After trying everything and failing on all of them. Here I come with a solution.

I changed the phone’s date to 5 years earlier ,which changed the date on my Galaxy Watch 3 45mm. I tried to install the watch face I created for myself. (MURADO) GWD warned me that the certificate start date was April 4th 2022. So I changed it to that date and it worked…
I don’t know how to express my happiness. :grinning::grin::smile::rofl::laughing::sunglasses::star_struck:

PS: You have to build a new tpk file before you run on the device…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @muradium changing the dates on the phone worked perfectly for me; I’m so happy :partying_face: :star_struck: it is so simple :exploding_head: thanks for thinking outside the box and especially for sharing it with the community :+1:

1 Like