Connect Galaxy Watch 3 to Galaxy Watch Studio

I have a Galaxy Watch 3, a Windows 11 PC, and a Pixel 8 Pro phone.
I’m trying to connect to the watch from Galaxy Watch Studio on the PC.

“RUN ON DEVICE” gets pop-up entitled “Connected Watch” which shows “No compatible device.” If I scan devices or press the “+” and enter the watch’s IP address, it still says “No compatible device”.

I can ping the watch (and phone) from the PC.

Developer Options is on on the watch.

Debugging Mode is on on the watch.

The watch and phone, aside from GW Studio, appear connected. I get text message and emails on the watch. It accesses my calendar, contacts, etc.

In various forums I see references to ADB and SDB. I don’t know what they are, if I need them, or if I do need them, which device they need to be on and how to install them.

I was able to create a watch face in FACER and upload to the watch with no problem, but would prefer to use Galaxy Watch Studio. Is there some “dummies” step-by-step guide to connecting?

Hi @bruzeks as i see u talking about gws not wfs. I have helped u move topic to the correct forum.

Thank you. I appreciate your help!

@bruzeks

You need to have your WiFi connection in always on mode and you need to be sure your computer is also connected to the same WiFi network (no ethernet connection) Older modems will also use a different network for the 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz bands.

Having said that I think, you are out of luck creating new watch faces with GWS and running them on the device because you can’t create the distributor file to build the .tpk.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

My PC has no wi-fi. I use a cable to my router. The PC does see the watch tho - it can ping it successfully.

That aside, are you saying that there is no way I can create a watch face with any of your products?

My PC has no wi-fi. I use a cable to my router. The PC does see the watch tho - it can ping it successfully.

Make sure it is on the same network address (the first 3 sets of numbers in the IP address) the router you use may not do that. If not set up your mobile as a hot spot and use that. (it does not use any data to do this).

That aside, are you saying that there is no way I can create a watch face with any of your products?

I was playing with this yesterday and I’m not sure you can generate the .tpk files with GWS anymore. I ran out of time but. If you have a .tpk file you can use Tizen Studio to generate the Author and Distributor Certificate and use an old Fit2Installer to push them on to your watch.

See this Solution That user generated the .tpk and pushed it onto the watch.

Ron

Okay - I tried on another PC with wireless, and had the same issues. Is there something weird about what I’m trying to do? Is the product (GWS) deprecated? The solution you linked to may work, but it’s too much to go thru for me. Isn’t this supposed to be a consumer friendly app? Is using an “old Fit2Installer” Samsung’s policy?

Totally, I tried to get a note saying this 3 years ago but by then the team that owns GWS was disbanded.

There are other options:
You can use Tizen Studio to create watch faces but it does require some programming knowledge but more powerful.
The 3rd party tools work well and since those that are basically an emulator on the watch, the watch faces can be used on all makes and models. However you can make some great looking watch faces with them.

Ron