Constant connectivity problem

Difficult connecting app via wifi. I did it last night, but this morning it can’t find the watch! It has done this for years! I looked at trying to connect via BT but nothing says how to do that!

Is there any way to upload my watch face without a constant fight to get it connected??

What watch do you have? If it is Active2 or Watch3 (Tizen 5.5) you can’t connect via BT until there is a new firmware update. If it is an older Tizen version it should work fine.

Make sure you manually enter the IP address into the search. If you let GWS do the search it may start at an IP address higher than your watch is and never find it.

Some routers will switch IP addresses for a device always check that if it doesn’t connect quickly after you connected successfully. If you have seen this happen constantly then it may be your issue.

I’ve never had this issue but I’ve heard that some people have to turn off BT and not just have WiFi always on.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I’ve always had problems connecting. To the point it took hours if trying on wifi! If I didn’t like playing around with it so much I’d quit. I just downloaded the new 2.9 Studio and list mist of my complications on my watch faces from the older version. Frustrating. But if I can at least get them to my watch I can rebuild them.

This is so aggravating! The damn thing just will not connect. Did fine last night! BT nor Wifi. What a waste…

Did you mean
I just downloaded the new 2.0 Studio and lost most of my complications on my watch faces from the older version.

Starting with GWD 1.8 you could save custom complications. were you using that version. There was a bug in some versions older than that with grouping complications and update. That might be the problem.

more to come
Ron

Yes, 2.0. Typing on a phone.

I reopened the 2.0 and they are there now. No idea why it took awhile but it’s fine now. But I still can’t get connected via wifi or BT using the search or typing in the IP address. It just say No Deviuce found. Some spoke of an RSA approval (or something like that) appearing on the watch. I’ve never seen that. Is there a setting I’m missing?

That came in while I was typing. Make sure your ethernet cable is unplugged from your computer. On occasion the computer and watch will connect even if the computer is on ethernet but 9 times out of 10 it won’t. It sounds like this may by your issue. Even if you turn off the ethernet it seems if it is plugged in it screws things up.

Be sure both computer and watch are on the 2.4 Ghz band the computer isn’t on the 5.0 Ghz band.

It is frustrating I know first hand and I’m an expert. I had to update and pair 4 watches for a new phone and each time it removed all the old permissions and like a dummy I forgot to turn on debugging one time.

Ron

Sorry to whine. I appreciate your patience.

No ethernet, its a wifi connection. And, as I said, I came right up last night! No idea why it won’t now. I keep thinking of the definition of insanity - do do the same thing over and over expecting a different result! But that’s what I’ll do, I guess. Does everyone have this issue or is it just me? Literally this happens every time, to a greater or lesser degree.

If it is consistent then it is probably you. Once I put the IP address in (And select it) it pops up in seconds. First time is the only hard one.

Ron

1 Like

Yeah, that figures. Is there any other way to connect? BT doesn’t seem to work either so maybe a wire through the phone and put the watch into the Wear app that way?

what watch do you have if it is Active2 or Watch3 it won’t do it via BT.

If this is older then you just didn’t OK the RSA Encryption Key

Ron

It’s an S3 Frontier from 2017. SM-R765T One UI 1.5 and Tizen 4.0.0.7

It’s an S3 Frontier from 2017. SM-R765T One UI 1.5 and Tizen 4.0.0.7

Got it! I was a dual channel wifi issue and I fixed it. Thanks for your help.

After a year I give up. The clock and the PC do not connect. I reset them thousands of times and in vain. Connectivity between the two is poorly thought out and only creates frustration among those who want to create a clock face.

Nope! It is what it is.

I’m new here and I’d like to say hello to everyone round here.
I recently decided to try and design my own watchface so I Installed the latest GSW version (2.0.1).
As mentioned above, I couldn’t establish a BT connection to my Active2 so I went for the WiFi option, but I wasn’t able to connect, not even once.
When I type in the (correct) IP of my watch, the search returns the message “no compatible device” - am I mistaken that the Active2 is supported?

You get this when you don’t have Developer Options on or Debugging on. You also need to accept the RSA encryption key the first time you connect and if you fail to do that it will think you are a hacker and block you without asking again.

From the beginning

Make sure your watch and your computer are all on the same WiFi network If you computer is on Ethernet it need be unplugged or the adapter disabled not just Wifi enabled.

Get the watch’s IP address
go to watch settings
go to connections
-Turn Bluetooth off
-Tap on Wi-Fi turn Wifi Always on
-Tap on Wi-Fi networks - write down the Network
–Tap on Network
— Scroll to IP Address write it down

Launch your project with GWS
In GWD when you go to run on Device press the + button and enter the IP address in the box this speeds up the search
Be sure your phone is active and your watch is active Watch both of them but more so the watch
Scan for devices from GWS
Watch your watch and it should have allow RSA encryption key click on the Yes check mark

If you don’t get the RSA Encryption key pop up
Hold down the power button for about 15 seconds until it says rebooting
Restart your computer (don’t turn off and on but restart to clear the cache)

Make sure Developer options are enabled and debugging is on.
Wait at least one full minute to ensure WiFi is connected fully

Watch your watch closely
Restart GWS and enter the IP address again when you run on device
it should pop up an RSA Encryption acceptance
click OK and it should connect.

If it doesn’t let me know I can help with other problems but the RSA acceptance is 90% of the issues

Ron

Hi Ron,
thanks for your help.

Prior to your reply I tried again, to no avail.
I made sure the laptop and the watch were in the same network, Active2 was rebooted and has debug mode activated, typed in the IP into the search field and closely watched the Active2 which did not show anything. I’m under the impression it is really not able to find the watch.
Could be an issue with Windows 11 or the antivirus protection blocking access, maybe. Will try to run GWS on a Windows 10 laptop and see if it’s any different.

It could be something in Windows 11 I don’t have it and don’t know anyone that has but don’t see any reports in support about it.

Also Galaxy Watch3 and Active2 will not connect by Bluetooth with sdboverbt so no sense trying that.

You probably did turn developer options on but to be sure if you don’t see a watch setting for developer options you need Developer Options enabled (tap on software version 5 times until it says developer options).

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations