Continuous HR and ECG app

Hi Everyon, i am trying to create my first watch face for personal use and am struggling with a few things.
using WFS to post to a galaxy watch 5.

first i cannot find a way for the watchface to continually monitor heart rate. i can add HR text to a watchface, and when it pushes to the watch it takes the current heartrate and puts it on the screen. but then it never updates. i know the continual HR is monitoring as it shows in the tiles, but the face doesnt update.

also, if anyone can tell me the app id for the ECG scanner so i can actualy create a button for it that would be great.

i cannot find a way for the watchface to continually monitor heart rate.

The only continuous heart rate displayed in Health Apps and that is only during activity. It would make battery usage suboptimal.

I know the continual HR is monitoring as it shows in the tiles, but the face doesn’t update.

The HR tag only shows the last HR read rate.
You can set the HR to update at more frequent times (every 10 minutes) in the pancake menu - Project menu - Settings menu - Health Tab

There are two types of read one is what you refer to is continual and the other is a single instance. WFS tag only do that single instance.

also, if anyone can tell me the app id for the ECG scanner so i can actually create a button for it that would be great.

here are some other commonly used:-

com.samsung.android.shealthmonitor Health Monitor
com.samsung.android.watch.cameracontroller Camera Controller
com.samsung.android.watch.findmyphone Find My Phone
com.samsung.android.watch.flashlight Flashlight
com.samsung.android.watch.alarm Alarm
com.samsung.android.mediacontroller Media Controller
com.samsung.android.gallery.watch Gallery
com.samsung.android.dialer Dialer
com.android.vending Playstore Watch
com.google.android.apps.maps Maps

Try running simple adb commands

adb connect 192.168.xxx.xxx:5555 (your watch IP address & enable debugging)
adb shell
pm list packages

You will get an output list like this
package:com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim
package:com.google.android.ext.services
package:com.android.providers.telephony

The app ID is after package:

com.samsung.android.wear.shealth/com.samsung.android.wear.shealth.app.heartrate.view.HeartRateActivity

go to Play Store and download the Package names app . open it and you will see the apps that are installed on your phone.

For more information see this topic it is where I copied the above from.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks, but im really confused by this. the galay watch 5 monitors heartate continually. i don’t need to have an app open, and dont need the health app installed on my phone etc. the watchface i am currently using has the heartrate on the screen, and it updates every few seconds. If it is possible on the basic watchfaces, then surely it should be possible with a custom face?

it also doesnt appear to show the last measured heartrate at all. if i push the face to the watch it shows a bpm, 80 with the current build/push. if i go into the heartrate tile (which is continuously updating) then it shows 75, or 120 if i am more active, but the heartrate on the face stays at 80 permentantly. i have currently had the build on all day to test, and it has said 80 the whole day.

1 Like

the watchface i am currently using has the heartrate on the screen, and it updates every few seconds. If it is possible on the basic watchfaces, then surely it should be possible with a custom face?

What watch face is that? If it is a factory watch face it may have access to Samsung Health (the app on the watch not the mobile) or it may be using a Samsung Health complication. Watch faces built with Galaxy Watch Studio can not access Samsung Health data because it isn’t installed on all Wear OS watch types.

it also doesnt appear to show the last measured heartrate at all. if i push the face to the watch it shows a bpm, 80 with the current build/push. if i go into the heartrate tile (which is continuously updating) then it shows 75, or 120 if i am more active, but the heartrate on the face stays at 80 permentantly. i have currently had the build on all day to test, and it has said 80 the whole day.

I don’t know why that would be happening. Are you using tags or a complication? You should use a complication. I have no idea why yours is not updating, the heartrate tag is not well implemented but it does work.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like