Designing theme icons

Hello everyone!

I’m working on a theme to submit in the next application window, but I am confused by the rule saying that “all icons must be designed”. I understand that all application icons must have a unique design and maybe the icons from the settings menu for each setting category. Does it include the icons such as the weather icon, the search button in contacts, the 3 dots for options or the icon for the call in messages screen? How could that be redesigned apart from changing its color?

Any advice is welcome!

I changed everything, all hand drawn (including the search and dots, the back, home, etc etc). It was the area I was most worried about… go with your gut and what flows with your design. Possibly a late reply - curious to know if you submitting in the late October window, and if you did what were the results?
I did a Sloth Theme, so whatever I could make a leaf I did (small dots)… the others branch pieces.

2 Likes

Hi, yes, this is a bit late and my theme got rejected again. I didn’t get a detailed feedback so I’m not sure what exactly was wrong about it, but I assume I missed some elements to design. Better luck next time I guess! :slight_smile:

1 Like

May I ask if in doing all that if you application was accepted or was it still rejected? I was also unclear about the dots and the weather icon since I know it’s usually the same all the way around and perhaps that’s what caused my portfolio to get rejected 3 times now. I used to be a huge developer on the Play Store and sold millions of themes and was very popular but every time I submit to Samsung I get a very vague rejection response leaving me with no idea as to what I’ve done wrong. I’m curious is what you did allowed for you to get accepted? Thanks in advance.