Device Test Delayed

Does anyone know why the reviews takes so much time? I have more applications with , Device Test Delayed" status and they will reject that because in the meantime a new version was released. In this way, I will not be able to upload new content because they will reject it every time because a new version is released. Any solutions? What is the solution for Samsung to do faster reviews? It’s the same problem every year.

2 Likes

It won’t be rejected because it’s an older editor version, they always considered the time of the submission as reference. However, there are issues with the earlier versions of the editor which will likely cause a rejection for most.

None of the themes made with the editor 14.0.14w.3 were tested yet, I know that *.2 had an issue with the lock screen notification counter color being wrong and *.1 and *.2 don’t have on Fold the apps icon in the task bar. I don’t know if *.3 solves or not the problem and neither if this latest version fix them all or add new ones.

1 Like

Understood, I just published few themes. I hope that at least 1 will be approved. Thank you for infos!

Is there any other synonyms reviewers can use, perhaps with the help of AI to make us believe there is some progress? I suggest (just saying) these stages:

• 1st week: “entering the step of delay”
  • 2nd week: “your theme is officially delayed”
  • 3rd week: “stage of delay confirmed”
  • (Release of a GTS update)
  • 4th week: “delay extended untill further notice”
  • 500 new themes approved and dropped in 1 day
  • 5th week: “almost there”
  • 6th week: “well… let’s see your theme now, yep, still delayed”
  • 7th week: “under confirmation”
  • (Release of a GTS update)
  • 8th week: “rejected for -introduce sujective reason-”
  • 500 new themes approved and dropped in 1 day
  • Try again

Galaxy Themes

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks for the laugh, and sadly the truth.

I waited for V3 of the A14 tool thinking it would be stable before converting themes.

Over 70 rejections later I’m still getting them because themes built with the first 4 versions had bugs. Yet the large commercial sellers had their themes approved with the buggy versions.

Seems that Samsung’s making it hard for the sellers that don’t pay the huge promotional fees. Maybe it’s time for a request to the Texas Attorney General’s office to look into Samsung’s theme business practices :flushed:

2 Likes

I believe only the US Themes store has paid promotions and I know that was a result of a lot of requests for this by Theme designers.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Testing and releases are taking too long!! And that’s when there’s a mistake and it has to be corrected and it takes much longer! It’s always been like this, but this year it’s slower. Add more employees or overtime to speed up processes!

2 Likes

I understand, there isn’t much I can do about Themes.

I wish I could help

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

I guess we will finish to update and add new themes next year when Android 15 will be released?
This is getting more and more frustrating, instead of continuous rejecting themes please FIX THE SOFTWARE!

1 Like