Is the Galaxy Theme service and updates working?

Hi! I updated the themes 1 month ago but no result.
Is the service working? There is vacation in Korea?
It looks like everything is dead on updating themes.

1 Like

S24 is being released soon. Delays happen ever year with the release of a new Model phone as current themes and apps are tested for compatibility with the upcoming device.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

@r.liechty_SDR Ron, this happens from October - November. Would be appreciated if you can do something for us. Maybe the team needs more members to review the content, i don’t know, but it takes too much time and I get messages from my customers to update some of the themes they bought :worried:

2 Likes

I have a lot of themes delayed :dotted_line_face:

1 Like

There is not much I can do about Themes reviews, I don’t have any contacts with them. Just report them they do listen to the developers but they don’t always respond.

Ron

1 Like

I think Samsung changed contractors for theme reviews because it has never been this bad before, and they are failing miserably. If ever a contact should be terminated it is this one.

It’s now taking four weeks to review and reject due to bugs or insignificant items. We need to start on Thanksgiving themes now if there is any chance of getting approvals.

The rejections are ludicrous too, such as in the lock screen, if you can’t read every word of the “Fingerprint doesnt match” message they reject. Even though most words are legible and every customer on the planet knows what the message is, and why it occurred.

And rejections because they don’t like how an image is not centered on the cover screen… when our design has to fit on Fold and Flips, and they only test on the Flip.

They need to find testers that actually know and use Samsung devices. RIP themes.

1 Like

Same here. Themes are just being held for weeks and weeks in “delayed” status. At least they can approve one in a while. Big sellers blatantly get hundreds themes approved constantly. Galaxy Themes

1 Like

That is because they upload so many they find the issue and resolve it quickly.
There is no bias towards large or aggregate Theme sellers.

I don’t think I would have said that 4 years ago as there were special partners when Themes was first introduced.

Ron

So, in other words, we don’t try harder, we don’t produce that much and we don’t test enough. I see, it’s our fault.

Please, BTW, here is the only cause of rejections I had in the last 2 weeks after several attempts. I did this colorful image composition below because, I am a little lazy :yawning_face: … you’ve got me, do you mind taking a quick look? Why do testers use unavailable or unofficial versions to reject us? How are we supposed to “quickly” resolve something we can’t access?

1 Like

Absolute crap Ron, rejections have been due to GTS bugs. Because it takes 4 weeks to review and reject (for us), a new tool versions comes out, so I immediately rebuild and resubmit within minutes of a rejection.

We are all now restricted to 100 themes a month… but BE has already submitted many more this month. Why…? because Samsung has different rules for the paid banner sellers than indie sellers.

More BS… I can’t get 100 themes converted to Android 14, yet the paid banner sellers have had thousands converted. I’ve tested their themes to see if they have the same bugs for which mine were rejected… and they do! So they are getting preferential treatment for all review aspects.

All indie sellers are in the same boat - we all know what’s going on, we see it and experience it every day. Now it’s delay after delay after delay after delay.

And the GTS development team just released a new update that makes it easier to test in the RTL. WHAT??? They think that our themes aren’t tested? They should have spent their time getting rid of all the bugs, or making the Visibility Check actually useful, instead of putting out an update with worthless features.

1 Like

I’ll also add that I have an email from Samsung stating that the paid banner ad sellers are a special class of seller, and are given additional benefits that are not available to all other sellers…

But I do acknowledge that all we can do is sit here and complain, we see nothing changing, and our collective efforts to make things better and easier are ignored.

1 Like

I meant they had more data and more people to find the problem. I didn’t mean to offend anyone by it.

@Redacted
I thought the Paid promotions were only in the US Store but again I could be wrong.

Ron

I can’t tell you how I know, but I can 99% guarantee that the big sellers have absolutely no preferential testing or other special rules. The high number of themes doesn’t even help too much for testing. From the moment the editor is released until the 1st theme is tested, it can take several weeks. During that time, hundreds of themes have the same problem and are all rejected. It’s just that the testing team discover the issue after a while, so some of them passed the tests already. But think about re-exporting and re-uploading so many themes… The effort to find the issue is indeed smaller, it can be done once for hundreds of themes instead of once for a few. Hence their efficiency maybe.

Afaik they have the same 100 rule, they just use the schedule publish and they probably still have many tested already. Imagine how affected the big sellers are if they need to reduce the number of themes a few times. It probably means many employees without a job.

I look periodically at the stores in more countries and only the US seems to have paid promotions, ie where there is a single seller. But I check a few important countries from time to time, the sample is rather small, so I might be wrong too.

Do you really think they employ people? Since you know better (99%) about the big sellers, you may shed some light and illumate the topic with more details. But I woudln’t like to be part of a discussion that may harm them. Perhaps this thread @burzocipri started should be ended. Galaxy Themes

Yes I do, I know this for certain. About preferential testing I can’t be 100% though, 99 is all I can give.