Distribute Certificate on MacOS

I got a new iPhone last and after pairing my Galaxy Watch (SM-R800) I lost all my custom watch faces, so I thought easy, just load them back and spend all week failing as a lot of people have been. I’m finally able to connect to it over wifi and the certificate login page also loads on Macs.

I’m this close to getting it to work. I’ve come across an error no-one else has mentioned here.

I’m using a mac on MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave and GWS works but when I try to get a Distribute Certificate I get all the way to the end and get this error message:

Warning
name: BadCredentialsException
code: 301
description : Either userid or accesstoken is incorrect

Is there a way to resolve this?

Apple no longer supports MacOS 10.14.x and I believe that is the BadCredentialsException since GWS was updated after 2019.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can create a distributor Certificate with a newer computer and use it with your older model.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks for the reply. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I’ve tried so many things to get my watch back to the way I want it and to get this close…

I’ve tried so many combinations of laptops and OS’s.

Can you recommend a version, windows or mac that is supported and known to work in Nov 2023?

I’ve tried win10, win11 and I know big sur is not recommended, it says so on the download page, and I think there’s a thread here that says catalina doesn’t work. I think I’ve tried ventura but I’ve tried so many I’ve lost count. I’ve also tried the tizen app and copying the certificates but that didn’t work. I’ve also tried sideloading using the fit app but it requires a certificate that doesn’t work.

Is there anything?

I believe that was fixed in the GWS 2.0.1 update. You still need to download the SDB as part of Tizen Studio, (or open a support ticket and they will send it to you)

There is one issue with GWS 2.0.1 and that is it does not load the AOD portion of your watch face when it opens the app so you have to create a new one every time. There is a trick for that if you have a complicated AOD… They are required for Tizen 4 watches.

If that doesn’t work to get your certificate let me know, Windows won’t work and I know the work around for that should be basically the same for Mac as well.

Ron

Thanks for your help. I spent all day reinstalling Big Sur and trying to get GWS 2.0.1 to work with java and downloading and installing tizen and appropriate packages and coping the SDB file but I was unable to generate a distribute certificate. Same error as before:

Warning
name: BadCredentialsException
code: 301
description : Either userid or accesstoken is incorrect

Can you confirm another version of MacOS that works?

I was hoping that MacOS was different than Windows but I guess not.

Microsoft discontinued support for Internet Explorer and the Java script that was used by GWS to generate the distributor certificate used a library that used Internet Explorer, looks like even on the Mac.

Good news is you downloaded Tizen Studio and you can generate the Distributor Certificate with that.

The bad news is when I did with Windows GWS had a bad password or something error. I don’t know if it will be the same with Mac version of GWS but give it a try.

Having SDB and Certificates created you can side load (run on device) using an old Gear Fit2 installer.

Here’s the link to the full instructions on Fit2Installer on the XDA forum with download links for the Fit2Installer app: [HOWTO] Sign and sideload Tizen applications to the Gear Fit2 (from Windows) | XDA Forums

Please let me know how it works especially if it works with GWS on a Mac.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations