DUID on TV

I just started developing. I have a Samsung TV QE95QN90B.

In the documentation it says:

go to “Menu > Support > Contact Samsung > Unique Device ID”

What menu? I don’t see any of these items.

It says
To view the device ID, on your device, go to “Menu > Support > Contact Samsung > Unique Device ID”.

If you are connected to a TV it will add the connected device automatically If you don’t have a test TV you can use the emulator DUID for building.

See this documentation on how to connect to your TV

Hope this helps,

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

“on your device” they mean the TV right? On the TV I don’t see any “Menu”, nor I see “Contact Samsung”.

The steps to connect to a TV have a prerequisite of “create a certificate profile”, and one of the steps is ti get the DUID. That’s why I am asking.

No the steps to Run on Device requires the certificates. The connection to TV requires the computer and TV be on the Same Wifi (not ethernet) network and that you enable Developer Options. If you are connected to the TV with Tizen Studio Device manager it will auto fill in. If you have other TVs you want to test on then You can get the DUID from the TV.

See this page on how to access the menu on Samsung Smart TVs I agree it isn’t obvious, like the old remotes.

Ron

Indeed Tizen Studio autofilled the DUID once I connected it to the device (via Ethernet by the way, it works as well as long as both are ethernet I guess).

Regarding accessing the menu, I’ve seen this menu, however there is no “Contact Samsung” option.

Indeed Tizen Studio autofilled the DUID once I connected it to the device (via Ethernet by the way, it works as well as long as both are ethernet I guess).

I didn’t know know that it worked with Ethernet :slight_smile:
I think they just say by WiFi because they expect the TV to be Wireless and most the time the router does not have the Ethernet on the same network as the Wifi.

Regarding accessing the menu, I’ve seen this menu, however there is no “Contact Samsung” option.

I’m not surprised the TV updates so often. It is there in the Menu somewhere I may look to see what mine says when I get home, I have a Pre-2019 model and a couple newer ones.

Glad you got it working

Ron