Extracting live sensor (gyro and accelerometer) data from Galaxy Watch4 in real-time

Hi,
I am a student researcher working on capturing gyroscope and accelerometer sensor data from a Galaxy watch 4 smartwatch in real-time. I have participants who will wear the watch and then capture this data while they walk.
Initially, I was told by a Samsung expert in the live chat that I could record such live data using the Samsung Flow app however I realised it can’t be installed on the Galaxy Watch 4.
Is there a way to capture real-time Accelerometer and Gyroscope sensor data values from the watch?

HI,

You need to do this with Health Services on Wear OS and using Android Studio

Try one of these wear sensor code labs search results

This is really a Android developer question as it isn’t anything you can do with Android Watch Face Studio but I’ll put it there for the time being and see if you get any help there. I’ll have to remove it after a few days so other developers don’t think this is the go to link for Wear OS powered by Samsung questions.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

I just noticed there is a new Tracking Exercises with Galaxy Watch blog that might be of help to you.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like