Galaxy Watch 4 USB adb

Hey folks,

I’m doing a lot of development on Watch 4s (WearOS) and am getting a bit fed up with wireless adb, which works most of the time - but I’m pushing dozens of commands an hour, so a 1% fail rate is actually pretty annoying.

Is there a way to get proper USB debugging? I imagine when the team were developing this they had a special cradle - is there a way I can buy or home make one?

Cheers,

Sam

I know it is on the to do list but I don’t know if it is the Wearable App or Wear OS that needs to be updated.

The Training shows how to do adb debugging but it doesn’t work with Samsung Watch4 / Wearable App. WFS FAQ 12
‘Debug over Bluetooth’ is not yet supported in Galaxy Watches with Galaxy Wearable.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hope it could be done.If usb adb is implemented in Samsung Watchface Studio like android studio it will greatly reduce testing time.

Hi Osman,
It is implemented in WFS it is Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Wearable where it is not implemented. I believe it works with 3rd party watches.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

That is very good it means it has to be implemented by Samsung then . Thanks :slight_smile: