Galaxy Watch Studio for Mac OS Catalina (10.11 - 10.15)

Hi There!

Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Studio is not compatible to Mac OS 10.11 till 10.15 (Catalina) due to Java incompatibilities. Mac does not support Java below version 7.25 and GWS needs version 6.

We won’t be updating to Big Sur in the forseeing future, but will there be a GWS version that will work on a Mac up to Catalina (10.15) ?

Hopefully we can dive into GW Studio soon!

Cheers, Maarton

I haven’t heard from the GWS development team but we did hear that Tizen Studio has a fix and I suspect they shared it with the GWS team.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Hello, have you tried to download the JDK directly from Oracle? GWS works for me on Catalina but it doesn’t work on BigSur yet… Waiting for the fix…

1 Like

Thanks, @MKWatchface That does the trick :wink: !

I have an iMac late 2012 running Catalina (10.15.7) using the latest version of GWS and Java 8 ( it looks like 6 is not available for Macs anymore)
when I get 50% built I get an “unable to find resource” alert.
How do I find out what resource it means?

Before you go any further open a support request and ask the team to send you the SDB for Macintosh. The version that ships with GWS is the wrong version for Catalina or newer Mac systems.

It is the AoD. This is a royal pain with GWS 2.0.1 you design it but then when you reload the project GWS does not load the AoD so the build fails.

You have some options.
One is to just create a simple AoD each and every time you run on device
One is to create a bit better AoD and save it as a custom complication and reload it everytime.
Finally since you are on Catalina I believe you can roll back to GWS 2.0.0

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations