The program does not find the Gear S3 frontier watch. And Galaxy Watch 3 is no problem, they are detected. What to do? Degug is ON.
Hi @Romazhai ,
Please check the Tizen version of your Gear S3. If you use GWS v 1.7.x - 2.0.0, your watch should have upgraded to Tizen 3.0 or higher. Otherwise you have to use lower version of GWS. See Supported Tizen OS and Watches.
In addition, you have to acknowledge the RSA encryption key on your watch while connecting to GWS. If you don’t see the RSA key pop up, reboot your watch by holding the home key button pressed for about 15 seconds or until it says rebooting. After that try to connect your watch again and it will solve your problem eventually.
I tried. Unfortunately, the message with RSA does not appear.
Are you using GWS on windows or mac?
If it is windows, then follow the steps below,
- Make sure again your PC and Watch are connected to the same network, and the Watch has the developer and debugging modes turned on.
- Find the IP address of your watch: Settings → Connections → WiFi → WiFi networks → [name of your network] → IP address .
- Go to the top-right corner on GWS interface and click Run On Device icon.
- Now, click on ( + ) sign and insert the IP of your watch and click OK .
- Keep a close look on your watch, a pop up will be shown to accept the RSA key and you have to accept it very quickly as it will stay for a few seconds. If you miss, it will never come back.
- After accepting the RSA key, your watch will be connected to GWD automatically.
N.B. Sometimes you need to do step 4 for several times until it can find your watch and also keep your watch awake at that moment.
If those steps does not resolve your problem or you don’t see the RSA key pop up, reboot your watch by holding the home key button pressed for about 15 seconds or until it says rebooting. After that try the steps above again.
The Gear S3 may not show the RSA Encryption Key but something else like Allow Data transfer if it isn’t updated to Tizen 18.104.22.168. Also be sure that the WiFi is always on of if in Auto that Bluetooth is off.
But everything Azad said should work if you are patient.
Samsung Developer Program
I have an S3 frontier and it connected after many tries. I have attached a detailed description in this topic: