Sdboverbt keeps disconnecting

Hi

I tried to connect from sdboverbt to Gear3. However, it never stay connect for more than 30 sec.

any technical guidance? Thanks in Advance.

Rgds
BK

Hi @lbk71079,
Have you got it successfully connected and then it goes automatically disconnected? Or it didn’t get connected at all? Which version of GWS are you using? Mac or Windows?

Azad

Hi Azad

I using GWS version 2.0.0_beta on Windows 10.

Thank you

Regards
BK

Is your Gear S3 upgraded to Tizen 3.0 or higher? GWS v2 supports Gear S3 only if it upgraded to Tizen 3.0 or higher. See more here.

Hi Azad

Upgraded to Tizen 4.0.0.2.

Regards
BK

Hi,
Please follow the steps below and take notes where you get stuck.

1. Make sure that both your phone and watch have the developer and debugging mode turned on.
  2. Install sdboverbt_160523.apk into your phone. You can get this file from the \Program Files\Galaxy Watch Studio\tizen\tools.
  3. Connect your watch to your phone through Bluetooth and then connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
  4. Open sdb over BT on your phone, tap SELECT DEVICE FOR DEBUGGING , and select the watch that you want to connect to.
  5. At this stage, keep a close look on your watch, a pop up will be shown to accept the RSA key and you have to accept it very quickly as it will stay for a few seconds. If you miss, it will never come back.
  6. After accepting the RSA key, your watch will be connected to GWS automatically.
  7. Open the Run on Device panel in Galaxy Watch Studio, select your phone from the device list to add the watch connected to that phone. Then select the watch on the list to connect it to Galaxy Watch Studio.

If those steps do not resolve your problem or you don’t see the RSA key pop up, reboot your watch by holding the home key button pressed for about 15 seconds or until it says rebooting. After that try the steps above again and it will solve your problem eventually.

Azad

You can also connect your Gear S3 through Wi-Fi. See the post below,

Gear S3 frontier not found

Azad

The watch sees my router fine, it obtains an IP, I can even ping the IP from my computer, but allowing GWD to search through the IP range or trying to manually put in the IP directly never yields a connection.

Hi @Grimes,
You need to accept the RSA acknowledge key on your watch very first time you are connecting it to your computer. If you miss to accept it will not come back until you reboot your watch by holding the home key button pressed for about 15 seconds or until it says rebooting. Without accepting the RSA key, it is not possible to connect your watch.

Azad