Give user the option to switch between 12H and 24H?

Hi,

I have searched and tested for quite some time now but I cannot find the option. Can I have the user be able to switch between 12H and 24H? As far as I see, I can choose either one but it’s not changeable for the user. It also doesn’t use the users phone settings, it just uses what I set it to in the tag section.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,
the original documentation is very limited.

1. You have to add duplicate of time field (one set to display time in 12h, the other display in 24h format).
    2.a you can open the condition line for 12/24h and assign which layer will be displayed with which condition.

2.b you can set the duplicates to appear/disappear using expression with tag [IS_24H] in opacity or placement.

1 Like

That was it. I never found that documentation. Thank you so much!

I did the above, but how do you set the watch to 24H? I changed me phone to 24H and expected the change to sync down to my watch but nothing is happening.

Either on the 12/24 timeline or use tag [IS_24] on the opacity.

You may have to restart your watch after the change.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I put the IS-24H tag in the opacity and I can switch in the Watch Face Studio by clicking the 12H and 24H buttons. My question is, once it’s deployed to the phone, how do I set it to 24H mode?

It will sync to your phone. For most users it is set automatically to 12/24 according to the local time. But you can set your 12/24 in Settings → General Management → Date and Time

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like