How to add 12H format and 24H format in a Single Digital watchface

I have a query if someone can pass guidance.

I want to add both 24 hour and 12 hour versions in 1 watchface . Right now i am making 2 versions with Bitmap png Fonts and some with tag expressions.

I am guessing its possible with normal font and not bitmap images and with some tag expression.

Can someone throw some light please.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
You can choose whether to express the hour on a 24-hour basis or a 12-hour basis using the following hour tags, [HOUR_1_24_Z], [HOUR_1_12_Z]. If you want to display 24 or 12 hours in the way set by the system (selected by the user), you can hide a component different from the current hour mode using [IS_24H] tag.

1 Like

Thanks i have understood the first part i want to implent user selected or by system.

I assume that the [IS_24H] tag is to be used in the hours layer.

I guess this is a frequent question and I think the original documentation should be more detailed. It only says you can use tag or conditional line, but does not explain how to do it.

For example if you have 2 same elements one in 12h format another in 24h format, both in same place, you can use the tag as follows:
opacity of 12h element: 100-100*[IS_24H]
opacity of 24h element: 0+100*[IS_24H]
Or you can use condition line:

It can also be used to show/hide separate am/pm indicator

3 Likes

Thanks to both of you :slight_smile:
i just tried the tags by peter and also the condition line method both worked for me for numbers and for am/pm showing as well. i really appreciate your help very much.
:ok_hand:

i dont know much about condition line and how to use it properly but i will read more and learn more about it

12 and 24H AUTO

([IS_24H]>0?[HOUR_1_24_Z]:[HOUR_1_12_Z]):[MIN_Z]:[SEC_Z]

([IS_24H] <1? [AMPM] :“24H”)

5 Likes

Sorry but i can not clicked on this area, it is no editable for me. Whatever i do only option appear:" this action will delete contidion of all frames…)

Thats right. Sorry, even I did not explain all details. You have to first doubleclick the line of your layer and “confirm” removal of all conditions

and then with right click remove them actually

and finally with double click activate your desired fields again as you need.

I got it, uff so redundant steps for such simple action(comparing to GWS)… thank you very much so helpfull for me.

1 Like

I don’t understand nothing! I will be very grateful if someone share video tutorial.

OK. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating the 12 or 24 hour format:

Create a 12 hour clock (digital)
Type in the text field:
[HOUR_1_12_Z]:[MIN_Z]:[SEC_Z]

Type in the Opacity field:
-[IS_24H]*100

Create a 24 hour clock (also digital) underneath (in exactly the same position)
Type in the text field:
[HOUR_0_23]:[MIN_Z]:[SEC_Z]

Type in the Opacity field:
[IS_24H]*100
ATTENTION:
Set transparency to 0 !!! But only in that 24 hour clock !!!

You do the same for the Always On Display without seconds, as these are not supported for AOD.

3 Likes

Here is what I did in Tizen and it works also in all of my digitals in Wear OS. The idea is to separate the digital clock into 3 layers, 12H, 24H and the minute with a colon. First grab a 24H digital complication with leading zero tag, remove seconds, replace it with your bitmaps then adjust the font size same as the height of your bitmap. Duplicate the layer and lock the original to establish the position of your digital clock. Then in the duplicate layer, remove the :[MIN_Z] so that only 12H format remains, you can adjust the dimension if you want. Then reposition 24H hour format you put in. Next is duplicated again the lock layer, unlock it then remove the 24H tag you put in so that only :[MIN_Z] remains and reposition it. Next thing is to duplicate the 12H to make the 24H hour format([HOUR_0_23_Z]). Final stage in WFS(assuming that your bitmaps are correctly setup) is to work out the 12H and 24H format layers to hide using timeline but not to minute layer. Then just hide the original locked layer (serve as just pattern/position). Regarding bitmap numbers, my 12H bitmap numbers are different from the rest. 24H and minute bitmaps are single numbers, whereas 12H bitmap numbers are 2 dimension of the 2 numbers. You should start with number 1, don’t upload a 00 number. You will also have to add a Custom text strings for 10, 11 and 12. Please check my folder regarding bitmaps on my Ballozi Metron. This will surely help those who wants to rock in digitals. Take note the black background, this bitmaps are transparent and are setup to be customizable color background. This process will make you a pixel perfect designer in this career. :slight_smile:

Here are the layers in WFS with the timeline setup to make it more clearer.

4 Likes

Yess. I am already following the same as you mentioned above.
Thank you very much for the detailed description this will help a lot
You are a man with a heart of Gold :ok_hand: :grin:

I’m using Watch Face Studio.Where to put -[IS_24H]*100 ?

In the Tags of Opacity. You can see Tags if you click this field once. Then click on Tags.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help! Everything works perfect! :+1: :heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome. And thanks to @Peter for giving me these formulas

1 Like

You can save some time & resources. You will only need that shadowed zero but also need to create custom bitmap for 10 & 20 characters (in case youre using 24H mode). Then, only one text element can be used with this tag: ([IS_24H]>0?[HOUR_0_23_Z]:[HOUR_1_12]).

1 Like

I think I’ve tried this before but no luck of the result. That’s why I resort to another option. It’s good that there are other options available that I should try on. Thanks!

I followed these steps but how does the user actually switch between 12 and 24hr? do I have to add a button to switch?