GW3 w/ GWS 2.0.1 - Building as T4 package?

Hi all,

I’ve been doing a lot of work with Galaxy Watch Studio (GWS) for my relatively new to me Galaxy Watch 3 (GW3) and have just noticed that my packages are being built for Tizen 4 whereas on my watch, it’s saying I’m running Tizen 5.5.0.2 w/ OneUI 2.0…

Am I doing something wrong? It’s only letting me create watch faces for ‘Gear S3, Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active’ and I’m 101% sure my watch is original and is definitely a GW3…

Last I checked 2.0.1 is the only latest (and probably last) version out there, or am I missing something? I saw a post of 2.1 being the newest version but doesn’t seem like that’s available anywhere and it’s like it was a typo of sorts…

Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Rick

Tizen 5.5 added EKG but there is nothing in GWS that shows or utilizes that feature. Since Tizen OS is backwards compatible anything you build with GWS 2.0.0 as Tizen 4 will run perfectly fine.

GWS 2.0.1 does have a Tizen 5.5 build option but I don’t believe it actually will build that .tpk and GWS 2.0.1 has issues with the AOD and fails to build with funky errors I do not recommend even trying to run it, delete it and just use the older GWS 2.0.0 version .

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply! Is 2.0.1 really that buggy?? I’ve have absolutely ZERO issues with sync/sending builds to my GW3 somehow and thought it was honestly good! I’ve done about 20 or so watch faces and it’s been working well.

Will try to switch to GWS 2.0.0 once I take a break from it again as I’m trying not to break the software/folder storage I have, though could be backed up, will run it as is for now.

The issue is it doesn’t not reload the AOD and you get a strange build error about resource missing. If you go back to GWS 2.0.0 it does show your AOD when you load the project file so it is only not found when doing the build.

If you are not having to re-create your AOD every time I’ll reload it and see if they snuck an update in and didn’t inform anyone.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations