Update older watchface applications May 2020

Hi
I reicived this email.:

“Please update your watchface application in Galaxy Store if they have not been updated since May 1, 2020.
Watchface applications that have not been updated in a long time may cause device compatibility and security issues.
the applications that have not been updated since May 1, 2020 will be suspended in Galaxy Store.”

My question is about watch faces for Gear FIT2.
We don’t have new GWS to do updates, actualy GWS don’t do watchfaces for Gear FIT2.
All watch faces for Gear FIT2 It will be excluded on Galaxy Store (my and others developeres)

I understood that watch face I sent before May 2020 and if I will be not do update it, it will be excluded on Galaxy Store, right? Just it?
Can I only build and send .tpk version Tizen 5.0?

Support for Gear FIT2 will be ended and Samsung will close the app store for Gear FIT2 so there’s no way to update them!

Hi Dany,

All Android apps, Themes and Watch Faces that haven’t been updated in 3 years are going to be removed from the store it wasn’t just watch Faces

My question is about watch faces for Gear FIT2.
We don’t have new GWS to do updates, actualy GWS don’t do watchfaces for Gear FIT2.
All watch faces for Gear FIT2 It will be excluded on Galaxy Store (my and others developeres)

You can get one of the old versions of GWD from the GWS Download Page I think GWD 1.7 still has the older Fit2 and Gear 2 options.

However you cannot run a newer version and an older version of GWD/GWS on the same computer you would need to remove one and install the other one. Considering hardly anyone buys Fit2 or Gear2 apps any more it may not be worth updating. Check your sales in GSS.

I understood that watch face I sent before May 2020 and if I will be not do update it, it will be excluded on Galaxy Store, right? Just it?

Newer ones will not be affected but I think the 3 year rule will apply.

Can I only build and send .tpk version Tizen 5.0?

You can’t build for Tizen 5. I know the buggy GWS 1.0.1 has it as an option but it doesn’t really work. In any case GWD does not include any functionality of Tizen 5.x and only Watch3 and Active2 run Tizen 5.x so if you build for that you are excluding the majority of watch owners.

Support for Gear FIT2 will be ended and Samsung will close the app store for Gear FIT2 so there’s no way to update them!

I have a Gear S2 and it is a very good watch but the last I checked Gear and Fit2.Fit2 Pro were less than 3% of watch store sales. And that was a few years ago.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations