How can I create a shortcut to the date and other applications on the watch face

Hello… I want to make an icon and when I click on it, the date appears… Also another icon when I click on it is a shortcut to open an application… It asks for ip addres a title for the application and I don’t know where to find it?

I moved this to the Watch Face Studio for Galaxy Watch4 forum as it sounds like a Watch Face issue. If this is for Galaxy Watch3 or older then it should be in the Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen forum and has a different answer.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

there is no Galaxy Watch4 forum in this site.

If you are using Watch Face Studio that only works for Wear OS powered by Samsung (Galaxy Watch 4 and other newer Wear OS smart watches).

I want to make an icon and when I click on it, the date appears

To do this add an image that looks like the background over the Date. Then for Action have a tap action that changes the image and have that an image that is clear and can be seen through.

Also another icon when I click on it is a shortcut to open an application… It asks for ip addres a title for the application and I don’t know where to find it?

The best way to do this is use a Long Text Complication and set the default provider to App Shortcut. That will have the user tap twice on it and the end user will select the app he wants to use it with.

You can also create an icon image and set the tap action on it to Custom and set the App ID there. The issue with setting a custom app id is that it may not be installed and give a poor user experience.

Connect with ADB in command prompt and run the following commands
adb connect 192.168.xxx.xxx:5555 (your watch IP address & enable debugging)
adb shell
pm list packages

You will get an output list like this
package:com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim
package:com.google.android.ext.services
package:com.android.providers.telephony

Hope this helps,

Ron

1 Like

Thank you very much…you are a wonderful and great person…I have one question and I hope you can help me. I made a watch face and it has a lot (hour, minutes, seconds, full Gregorian date, full Arabic date, battery and day of the week). The watch face has become crowded. Do you have a way I want to hide all the dates and keep the watch and battery only and when clicking on the watch from the top shows the Gregorian date and when clicking on the bottom of the watch the Arabic date appears

I can do it with one tap.

Create an image that is 450 x 450 and blocks out the Gregorian Date and the rest is transparent (see the sample Image_12.png)
The samples are in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\WatchFaceStudio\resources\sample\image
Then make the opposite of it that masks out the Arabic Date.

Add the first image to your project and give it an Action → Tap and change image select your second image for that… So when you tap on the watch flips from one to the other.

If you want to do it so both can be seen at the same time or neither be seen
then you need 4 images
one masks the Gregorian Date and an transparent image for the changed image
One masks the Arabic Date and and transparent image for the changed image

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thank you very much…it’s done…you helped me a lot…once again thank you