How long do I have to wait for commercial distribution

Hello, I applied for commercial distribution yesterday, I prepared my first theme and I am waiting for its approval. 24 hours have passed. When will it be approved?

Welcome to Samsung sellers !!

It takes several days to become a commercial seller and really depends on the banking information. If you can use Pay Pay it is pretty simple other banking can take a while especially if you and your bank are in different countries.

If you don’t have a response in 3 days open an 1:1 Enquiry in the seller store… generally they won’t tell you if their is an issue unless you request it. I’ve noticed that asking about the approval seems to trigger a response.

Here are some issues you might face

1: Your name does not match the government ID name. For example they have First name and Last name fill ins. I have first middle and last name in my government ID. To fix that I had to use my first and middle name as “first name” in the form.

2: Your banking information is not correct or can’t be verified for some reason.

3: As I said before the country where you are residing is not the same as the country where your bank is at. Students often have this issue.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

If you are specifically asking about the timeframe for theme approval, right now, with all of the Android 11 activity rom developers (many, many themes for Samsung to test and approve), it is taking 7-14 days for theme approval.

Hello,

I have become theme partner on 12th of July, and have requested to be commercial sellers. But now I have not been a commercial seller yet. The status in my seller page is still Commercial Distribution Request in Progress" for more than a month now
I have already opened an 1:1 Enquiry in the seller store and they say currently there are so many sellers in review that makes the delay. But the delayed time is so long, it has been more than a month now.
Is there any problem with the review?

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon
Best,

Commercial seller requests are seeing long delays. There is a stronger system to prevent fraud and this has caused a back log. If you aren’t approved this week respond here again and tag me. I can ask the Operations team to look into it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi there,

I met the same problem. Theme partner request was approved on 18th of July, but wait until now I just can publish free themes. Hope that you can help me too.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @r.liechty_SDP

I also met the same issue.I Requested Commercial Distribution Request about a month before but its still on progress.Hope that you can help me too.

Thanks

Open a seller portal request for more information if you haven’t already it may get your account request more attention. If you have a Play Store commercial seller status it may help mention it.

The reason for delays is that the process being much more stringent and the number of requests being greater.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I have not still accepted to be commercial seller yet. Hope for your support this week!

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon

Best regards,

I’ll make an inquiry, it may help., There are privacy laws and such so it is hard to get any information if there is an issue other than just a long queue.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope to hear the would news from Samsung.

Thanks a lot, Ron!
I have been accepted as a commercial seller. Thank you very much for your help!

Well.
1- Could you please tell us what’s documents that you submitted for them to get to be approved?
2- How long time you waited to get to be accepted as a commercial seller?

Thank U

I have been still not accepted as commercial seller until now. I requested in July too.
Is there any way that make the acceptance possibly sooner?

Thanks and hope for your help too.

Is there any way to get approved soon please?

I’m too tired.

The request has been sent long time ago.

@krisodis

I will see if I can prod the seller portal but it seems that the process is more difficult than it was a year ago and the staff is smaller than it was a year ago.

Sorry, I really do sympathize but this is something I cannot put any pressure on.

Ron

Thank UUUUUUUUU So MUCH Ron
Please do not forget us!
Hope you assist us about this issue soon!

I’m sorry, Ron for bothering you, I am waiting for request, the message " Commercial Distribution Request in Progress"is still showing me like that. Maybe I wrote something wrong, but it would be nice just to know if I have to fix something on this request…I am waiting about 3 months with this status… If you write me I should wait more, than it’s OK :slight_smile:

Hi, same here as well. I applied since July but it still shows “Commercial Distribution Request in Progress”. Just drop some inquiry to support team for checking my condition…

Hello! I’ve been waiting for 3 months and my application is still pending. Is there a way to get attention. Help me please! :disappointed_relieved: