How long do I have to wait for commercial distribution

Hi Voron,

I think they may have put the commercial sellers applications on hold pending the DUNS requirement. Right now it would be silly for them to approve a commercial seller then drop them in December.

Open a seller portal contact us support and see if you can cancel the current application and reapply with the DUNS number. If not you will be rejected in December and have to reapply then.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hey Ron,

I think Voron may have applied as a watch sellerā€¦ I have a freind in the same situation; are new watch face sellers also required to be commercial sellers with a DUNS number? Although, with the Samsung watch store winding down, Iā€™m not sure why anyone would apply to be a seller?

Watch face sellers are not required to be Commercial sellers (there will no longer be Free Sellers). However, Watch Face Sellers even the Android Watch Faces (China) are not required to have a DUNS number, just the business registration information.

Having said that, if they are in the US and much of Europe all they need to do is create a DBA and they can register for a DUNS number. It really is a protection for the seller.

Ron

Thanks for the answer! Yes, I want to sell my WearOs watch faces for China on the Galaxy Store. But is the Galaxy Store watch face store going to close soon? I submitted one free watch face for review, and for a paid watch face, I submitted an application three months ago to change the status of ā€œType of Salesā€. If I do not have a registered business, then I will not be able to sell in China?

@Voron

But is the Galaxy Store watch face store going to close soon?

Galaxy Store Watch store is not going to close anytime in the near future.

I submitted one free watch face for review, and for a paid watch face, I submitted an application three months ago to change the status of ā€œType of Salesā€. If I do not have a registered business, then I will not be able to sell in China?

I think they put all commercial seller requests on hold as they developed the plan for DUNS number verification.

For watch sellers you just need to be a commercial account that is basically your bank and address information. I assume you already did that when you applied earlier.

Sign into the Store and from Help select Contact us then from that page (FAQ, Contact Us) select contact us again. Let them know your request is in delayed status and tell them that you are only going to sell watch faces. That should get you a jump, then let me know. I can contact the Galaxy Store Ops team.

Ron

Thank you very much Ron! I did everything as you said and after a few days I was approved. Thank you! :smile:

Hello ron
I applied to a commercial seller about a month ago and still no response. I registered a thread a month ago and so far. It has not been approved or reviewed. what is the reason? Is there a mistake i did?
Thanks

It is the DUNS number issue, they delayed all approvals until they had a way to enter the DUNS number. See this notice.

If you have one you should be asked to submit it on or after December 1st. If you donā€™t have one get one before December 1st if possible. You canā€™t get a commercial seller status without a DUNS number now.

If you are just a Themes or Watch seller then see my answer to Voron in this topic.

Ron

Hello Ron
I am a just theme designer seller and my account private seller

Can you add themes to sell, you were approved to sell themes/wallpaper/icons/AOD?

Hello Ron
I am a just theme designer seller and my account private selle

I can add themes but still under device test

Due to everyone converting thousands of themes to work under Android 13, testing is taking a lot longer than is usual. I have 196 themes under review, the oldest being from 11/8. Nothing you can do but be patient :slight_smile:

When the status changes to " [Under Test Confirmation] you will normally get the result within a day.

Because you are new, know that rejections are normal, donā€™t get discouraged, just ask about them in the FB group :slight_smile:

196 themes woow :heart_eyes:
Thank youuu :blush:
But when will my account become commercial still 1 month

I have been converting a lot of themes :slight_smile: Customers expect their themes to be updated, so itā€™s an annual journey - the more themes you have the more that should be converted.

I canā€™t help with that sorry, maybe Ron can help find out?

You need to sign in to the Seller Portal click on Help
Select Contact Us from the right side upper toolbar
select Contact Us
Fill in N/A with anything that is mandatory but does not apply
Tell them you are a Themes Seller and not going to sell any Android Apps
They should approve your commercial license promptly.

I found out they were delaying all commercial license requests because they needed to get DUNS numbers and were not ready to implement it until next week. Themes Sellers donā€™t need it so if you tell them that they should approve it. It worked for others.

Ron

1 Like

Thank you ron
I contact us :heart_eyes:

Hello,
I am waiting for request, the message " Commercial Distribution Request in Progress"is still showing me like that.

I did not register any wrong information, please check and I am waiting for the answer
By the way, I applied in the support section, but there was no answer yet.
I look forward to making the content of the app open access

With respect

When did you apply and did you have a DUNS number when you applied? If you are not an Android App but only are a Themes or Watch Face seller then send a note about to the Seller Portal.

Ron

Hello Ron,
I sent many time too much to help"contact us" for commercial seller "iā€™m a private seller and a designer themes seller only and i donā€™t sell Android app "
They respond me this email what should I do?? The donā€™t understand me!!??
Please Ron help me I applied over a month agošŸ˜­
Thank you very much