How to measure SPEED (while Cycling)

Hi,

I created a watch face to see ‘speed’ while cycling. Upon testing, however, it only works while ‘walking’ and consistently zero during cycling. Did i missed anything?

Thanks

Hi @che1579008947,

I guess the ‘speed’ also works while cycling (someone can correct me if I am wrong). If it does only work while walking you may contact the support team by providing detail information (screenshot/video, watch model, software version) to investigate the issue.

Azad

I believe that speed is a function of exercise… otherwise it would measure your speed when driving, flying, etc, which it cannot do. What do you see if you put your watch in cycling exercise mode?

Did you start the cycling activity? That shows speed in it but I don’t know if GWS reports that like it does Steps Speed.

We can make this a feature request if it doesn’t work when cycling activity is on.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Cycling exercise mode will ‘replace’ the watchface and yes, speed is moving and shown in the cycling mode.
Even that mode is on and clicked home, the ‘speed’ is still zero on the watchface.

Hi Ron,

Did you start the cycling activity? That shows speed in it but I don’t know if GWS reports that like it does Steps Speed. ----- YES, it shows the speed in the cycling mode.

We can make this a feature request if it doesn’t work when cycling activity is on. -----> Really appreciate if this is possible.

To add up during testing, speed is working while walking and ‘swaying my hands’. it doesn’t if my watch is in stationary mode.

I will create three requests.
A: a text box synced with S Health > Cycling Speed
B: a Button action to open S Heath > Cycling
C: Report Bug the Speed is not listed as Step Speed.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like