Galaxy Active while running - Live Pace way off?

Hey all,

I just got the Galaxy Active 1 specifically for tracking my runs. I’m pretty happy with the stats after my run like distance and pace. However, the pace during my run is definitely off. After the run, Samsung Health showed me that my average pace was about 5:30min/km. But during the run, I was getting anywhere up to 8mins/km. It didnt really stabilize around 5:30 at all during the run. One thing I’m considering is trying “Always On” as the accuracy would sometimes get better after the watchface was on for a few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello Chance, Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum.

Always on mode only affects the display it will not change the accuracy. The watches detect your work out after 10 minutes so if you had walked or had stretched and such it might be included in the overall pace of your run. Try using the Running Widget instead it starts and stops at your command

Having said that this is not the correct forum for end product questions and there may be some joggers on the Samsung Members community that can give you better real life experience. I would recommend you post using the Samsung Members App or at Samsung support select Contact US and then the Social tab Join the Conversation

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program