How to sign up if you're a Corporate Developer from Australia?

Hi, we’re an Australian game developer and are trying to sign up with the Basic Information in the Seller Sign Up Now Screen.

USA is automatically populated as the Country/Region, how do I change this to Australia?

In regards to the Representative’s phone number, is this number displayed on the appstore to all end users?

Thanks,
Ben

Are you using a US VPN or internet service? It should find have the country you are in as default. If that isn’t the case I’ll contact you with a private message to get more information.

In regards to the Representative’s phone number, is this number displayed on the appstore to all end users?

I believe that is a legal requirement that all commercial sellers have to have address and contact phone. I assume it is required in Australia as well as Europe and US. It doesn’t have to be a real person it can be a voice mail or a 3rd party service that answers.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron, we’re not using a US VPN and just using our normal internet provider here in Australia.

When we’ve signed up for Apple, Google Play and Amazon stores no phone number is required to share with the public.

Regards,
Ben

I’ll contact you for the default country.

I may be wrong about it being a regulation to have a phone number unless you are a public company. It may just be Samsung business policy.

I don’t think the phone number is shared with the public unless the business is publicly incorporated.

Ron

Ok, thanks.

We’re a private company and don’t have a public phone number. How do we address this when signing up?

Cheers,
Ben

Maybe buy a disposable phone. Android app sellers need a DUNS number and I assume that it requires a contact phone number. If you are a Themes or Watch app seller you don’t need a DUNS number but there is a phone number to fill in. I know D&B has called people who apply for a DUNS number I doubt Samsung ever calls anyone to verify the number.

Ron

We have a DUNS number. We just don’t want our personal numbers made public.

Will you contact me direct via email so we can get our registration underway?

Cheers,
Ben

I checked as I have a commercial seller account and my phone number does not show up when I look for more information about the seller. But I’m not a corporate seller. But a private Commercial seller.

The only time my phone number is in use is for my banking information.

Regarding the default country being the US that is taken from your Samsung account . So you have to go to the Samsung Account and in your profile down at the bottom is contact us. Use that to contact and correct your country.

Ron