Is there an AOD tag/condition so I can change opacity

I want to change opacity of complications based on whether the display is in normal or AOD mode. Is this possible?

1 Like

This came up last week the solution is I can’t find the thread but as I recall the simple solution was to put a white image at 40% over the complication and only show it in AOD moce.

If I find it I’ll post the link to the thread here. There were other methods of doing it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

@dobleuxyz . Put a shape over the complication you want to dim . I my case it was the whole display . Set the Opacity low and switch it on when AOD is Active .

1 Like

Thank you very much guys. I was aware of the shape overlay solution but it feels like a workaround that I feel is just not be a very good fit for every scenario, hope they improve this one if possible at all.

1 Like

The only other option is to duplicate the layers you want dimmer and have either / or .

In the Tizen OS the AOD was a secondary watch face so it was easy to do what you want. Because customizations and complications If you have a second watch face in Wear OS it would be a very bad user experience to have two different watch faces or complications.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like