Dear all the genius here,
I have some issues regarding developing VOD app for Tizen, Please Help Me!
*Background Information to help your understanding
- I am developing a VOD application.
- Testing in ‘4K/8K MPEG-DASH ABR’ mode.
- We tested with reference to this guide page. (All the questionos are related to this page)
- Adaptive StreamingPlaying Adaptive Streaming MediaImplementing 4K and 8K Adaptive StreamingRecommended 8K Adaptive Streaming Content SpecificationsLive Streaming Limitations | Samsung Developers
- Aren’t 29.97 and 59.94 supporting Frame Rates?
- What is the recommended segment in MPEG-DASH 8K 50M / 4K 25M ABR VOD?
- How do I use function ‘FIXED_MAX_RESOLUTION’ correctly?
Please check below
- Frame rate
According to the guide page, 50, 25, 24, 23.97 are clearly indicated in parentheses as supporting Frame Rates up to 60.
Then, aren’t 29.97 and 59.94 supporting Frame Rates?
(We’d like to use 29.97 and 59.94)
What is the recommended segment in MPEG-DASH 8K 50M / 4K 25M ABR VOD?
(Documentation said > VOD: max 6 seconds)
We would like to use ‘FIXED_MAX_RESOLUTION’ to make 4K-only TV play only 4K sources. But it didn’t work well. Did I use it correctly? If not, please let me know what the function for exactly. Please check what happened below.
We used the “FIXED_MAX_RESOLUTION” function to fix the size of content sent to TVs that do not support 8K at 4K. But the 2020 UHD model, KQ65QT60AFXKR which doesn’t support 8K, reacts abnormally in ABR. In 4K/8K ABR conditions, it plays 4K for the first few seconds but an error occurs when TV tried to stream 8K source itself. The function “FIXED_MAX_RESOLUTION” doesn’t work well.
Using ‘is8KPanelSupported()’,’ setStreamingProperty()’, etc., I tried ‘FIXED_MAX_RESOLUTION/SKIPBITRATE’ on UHD TV but it didn’t respond.
However, the BITRATE range setting worked and another 2018 UHD TV model(QN65Q6FNKFXKR) were streamed only 4K without the above process.