Minute hand for French Revolutionary Decimal Time

I have index art for French Revolutionary Decimal Time. Setting the hour hand to rotate once every 24 hours on this index gives a good representation of the time in this system. Matching it to Swatch Internet Time I can read to the tens place of their three digit time value system ( 835 I can read as 830 for example ) from this one hand. I’d like to make a minute hand to make this easier.

The minute hand is more difficult. It needs to rotate once every 2.4 hours, there being 100 minutes in a decimal hour. The only way to do this seems to be to put the minute hand in as an image and rotate that image.

I’m having trouble figuring out the correct expression for angle value.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Your decimal time minute hand needs to rotate ten times a day, while classic minute hand rotates 24 times a day. For your hand image rotation angle you can take the [HOUR_0_23_MIN] tag, which returns hour in day (0-23) with fractions from 0.0 to 23.999, and divide it by 24 for regular hours, multiply by 10 for decimal time hours and by 360 for degrees in one rotation. Eventually add angle between your hand image and dial image zero position.

1 Like

That does sound about right. After deciding my first efforts were totally wrong I got to about that, but was doing everything in seconds. I’d gotten to “Hey, can you do it with just hours.” when I figured I’d ask if anyone had the correct answer already done.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like