Moon phase watch face studio

Hello everyone, I’m a new developer and have already studied this application enough, but so far I can’t figure out how to make moon phases for my watch face? I use watch5 and I have a watch face in the base watch faces that has these phases, and it can be replaced with another indicator, for example, for the pulse, and therefore it looks like the phases of the moon can be added to your watch face quite simply . Tell me, is this so and how can it be done?

1 Like

Watch Face Studio training for TAGs is on THIS PAGE

A good Tutorial is this BLOG while it is for Galaxy Watch Studio and has slightly different tags it is a good tutorial and you can adapt it very easily.

Hope this helps

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

2 Likes

I use this to rotate two images behind a classic Moon Phase Mask .
You can Conversely use the Formula to cover the Moon with a Shadow Disc. That is also a Classic Device .

(90+((([MOON_PO]/56))*360))

I have a 28 Image Moon Phase Gadget but there are a lot of resources and code there for each of the 28 Layers . If you are interested in that I could post them in a Zipped folder .

I also have a Moon On a Stick to complement the Sun on a Stick .

(((([HOUR_1_24_MIN])*15)+180)-((([MOON_PO])/28)*360))

I am working on a Raster Moon Grid . 4X7 . Which appears behind a circular mask . I have the Formula Working but need to set the Images to the grid .
You could finish that off.

Have fun .

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to create an animation with a time interval using 8 images of the moon for each phase? Or show the different images of the moon for each phase separately?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @steven.simons . Yes it is possible . There is a Tag for that . I can not remember its name . have your Moon images on top of each other and switch them on and off with opacity .
This will show your image at the full moon . Look a the tag list to check the phase numbers note they go from 0 to 7 . Also note == . Had me foxed for 15 minutes .
Final not you don’t always need all the ( ) that is just me .
((([MOON_TY])==4)?100:0)

There is a blog that uses Tags for moon phase images to shown and be hidden It was for GWS so the tags are a bit different but the math is correct.

You can have a background with a “hole” in it and then have a disk underneath that rotates to show the moon image if you want more of a very slow animation effect.

Ron

1 Like

Or u could try this to, using masking technic

Tweek accordingly

1 Like

Hello @Russel
If I understand correctly, you import a photo of each moon phase and add another tag?

((([MOON_TY])==0)?100:0).

((([MOON_TY])==1)?100:0)

((([MOON_TY])==2)?100:0)

1 Like

Yes . Keep it simple till you Build some experience . Its only 8 Images . If you want to have a go later , or now what ever , I have the resources for 28 days . I think I have posted them here Before . Sorry again for the time zone delay and the fact that I was trying to finish something on another Platform .
I will introduce you to some Voodoo . This is a FAKE ZIP Copy of my Personal Face . Well as much as I can reproduce on WFS . I have more stuff on the one I wear made on one of the other Platforms .
If you want to inspect it or even load it to your watch you just delete ZIP and replace it with WFS .

You will see I have two methods of representing the moon phase . One what it looks like and the other Why . I am very lucky where i am as the position of the Moon Hand perfectly predicts our Tides . Apart from being a Lunatic we like swimming in them sea . Where we are the Beaches are quit small and often covered by the Atlantic Swell . Interestingly I can see the Tide Calibration Station . from the garden . It is here I think because the tides are so symmetric here .
I have other examples of moon phase stuff as @Knightwing has shown . I got a Smartwatch so I could have the Moon Phase on my watch but I did not realise I could make them Myself . That was three and a Half years ago I can not stop myself . Let me know if you are interested in the others . I will Voodoo them to you .
MP28_5710.ZIP (3.6 MB)

@steven.simons

You can have a background with a “hole” in it and then have a disk underneath that rotates to show the moon image if you want more of a very slow animation effect.

I should have mentioned that the tag for that is [MOON_PO] and that it 0.xxx ~ 28 scale (example 11.234) so you can really fine tune the rotation or placement.

Ron

2 Likes