New version

The fact that we are gonna be able to reach to more customers is questionable as in my opinion:

1. The older Samsung watches will not be updated so you will be able to reach to those that will get the new Samsung watch and whatever line-up google will present.
  2. The audience may grow bigger in a fast pace but also the developer pool will be bigger as it will combine developers from both Samsung and Google making it harder to reach the top places.
  3. Not knowing the capabilities of honeyface this is a bit of a stretch but in my opinion, the customers of the current watch faces for Wear OS are accustomed to more functionality (health and weather faces) information from APIs similar to those that a programmer can do with Tizen Studio. If the honeyface, is similar to GWS (drag & drop images with limited functionality) i believe that these faces will have less chance to sell. What i am trying to say with this is that in the Galaxy Store, the 90% of faces are built with GWS sharing the same functionality, but in the new platform, proportionally it will be the opposite.
  4. We don’t know if developers will have a chance on promoting their work inside the play store.

If the above is true, the only way to get some traction in the new platform is really the beautiful designs we have all built for Samsung. And this is exactly where having ready content from day one can make a difference.

I cannot stress out more that the above is only my opinion and if anyone else has a different opinion i am happy to discuss.

2 Likes