Not able to install beta Tizen watch app on non-Samsung phone

Hi Team,

I want to distribute .wgt file to QA . So I have uploaded the .wgt file to Galaxy seller portal as a beta release. Galaxy seller portal provide a link to download the beta release. By link I am able to download the beta release on watch using only Samsung Phones. How its works on Samsung Phone :-

1. link provided on mail.
  2. click on link , redirect to browser.
  3. redirect to galaxy store.
  4. follow on screen instruction
  5. Beta app installed on watch3.

How Its works on Non-Samsung phone: -

1. link provided on mail.
  2. click on link , redirect to browser.
  3. Show popup to redirect to galaxy store. Click ok, redirect to samsung developer site and showing (Without phone connection (WPC mode))
  4. follow on screen instruction
  5. Beta app not installed on watch3.

I’m not sure of your response. Did you actually get the Beta to work on a Non-Samsung Connected device? Was it LTE watch?

I know it not supposed to work for Android mobiles other than Samsung if you got it to connect using WPC I would be very deeply interested in that.

Ron

No, I am not able to install the beta release on watch 3 by using non-Samsung phone. Updated my question.

My watch3 model is SM-R855F and as i know it is not LTE supported watch.

is there any way to install the beta app on watch from non Samsung phone?.
can I install the published app on watch3 from non-Samsung phone?.

Not that I am aware of. I asked some of my colleagues and they said they did not know of a way to beta test on a Non Samsung Phone.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Is there any update on this?
I am also facing the same issue. I have a non
samsung android phone and a galaxy watch (SM -R800). Trying to install beta watch app using phone but no luck.

Thanks

You can only beta test on a Samsung Phone, that is a requirement.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I had a similar issue (thread: Beta watch app).

As you can see in that thread, I was told by the Samsung representative that sideloading the app to the watch would test it in the same way as loading via the store.