Now we can install our watchfaces from the phone!

Today, just checking things I noticed that I can install my watchfaces from the Play Store app on the phone. It says (in red) that my device is not compatible (in french on my picture sorry) but that it’s available on other devices. and you can launch the install from there !

Yes the not compatible is about your mobile.

I see it and it downloads and runs fine. It is not customizable but pretty cool

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thanks for the nice words !
Yeah this watchface is only designed for its look, not to have complications. Sometimes I like it simple (but it wasn’t simple to make).

I was just sharing something that looked new to me about the Play Store behavior. Until then, each time I tried to install on my watch from the phone Play Store app, the option was simply not available at all. It just kept telling me my device wasn’t compatible.

Now, and this is new to me, it says my device is not compatible BUT … it lets me choose my other compatible devices … my watches.

Was it already working this way for you ? Did I miss something ?

From March until a couple days ago the Play Store Watch was broke. How it is working now is how it worked from Watch4 release until March 2022.

I was not sure it was meant to have complications or not. It is a nice looking dial for something different.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thanks for the history of the Play Store woes ! :kissing_heart: