Please bring back the Java versions of the Samsung RTL

I see that it appears that the US devices are online and several are available. This hasn’t happened except minutes after a restart. Hopefully it is fixed.

What about the WiFi issue with the UK server. Have the devices been reconnected to working WiFi networks?

Is it only the UK? I need to deal with that on a separate issue to keep things from being confused or lost.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

@r.liechty_SDR @r.liechty_SDR

Hi,
We currently using the RTL and the attached screenshot is a screenshot we took less than a minute after reading your latest teply.

Yeah, the WiFi issue is only in the UK, some models have like only one or two devices connected to the internet or a working WiFi network, this wasn’t the case just last week. The Galaxy S22 for example, has 9 devices, only 2 are connected to the internet, 7 are not, last week, almost all of them were working fine.

I really hope the USA server issue gets fixed, that’s our greates hope right now.
Please keep me informed, thanks

Hopefully it stays up from now on I’m watching it.

There isn’t much I can do about the UK until next week due to time zone differences so I’ll flag this topic and if they get restored let me know by Friday. If they don’t I’ll send a note to HQ and they can get a response to me on Monday in the US. If I send it today I probably wouldn’t get a response until Monday.

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR

Alright, we can manage with the UK server, but as I write, with the USA server, no device is available, they are all greyed out. We are also constantly checking on it, our fingers are crossed and our hopes set high.

The engineer that can disable YouTube is out of the office until Monday. :frowning:

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR

“Awesome” :joy::joy::joy:. Well, we’ve been waiting for months now, a week won’t be too much. Hope he finally frees the USA server on Monday, we really hope so

Hi,

I think the fellows with the bots still have access to RTL servers. I believe the Polish server is now under their grasp. But why is this still happening? I though you said their accounts had been blocked? Why are they still able to prevent legitimate users from using the RTL service. Please, at this level, we really are pleading, let a lasting solution be found. I belief making use of CAPTCHAs will help mitigate this problem once and for all. It really has incapacitated us at several levels.

We are hoping that Monday will come with a return to normalcy of the USA server, we also plead for the institution of CAPTCHAs or whatever mechanism that could help mitigate this bot issue, once and for all. We plead for something to be done with the Polish server.

It is very possible that they’ll just keep targeting new servers (Korea, Vietnam, Brazil…) once they get blocked from one. Please, we kindly request for something to really be done about this. We believe Samsung has more than what it takes, with regards to technical know-how, to block bot traffic.

Kind regards,

I think the Poland device farm was probably just under maintenance it is working now.

I assume the issue is we can’t kick an account off only not let them sign on. My guess is this is some YouTube video that has to be done from a US site

Hopefully it will be better when the senior engineer returns.

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR

Thanks for the update.
Another issue, please. It’s the Korean Farm. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 has about 17 devices available. We tried using them today and ALL have no internet access. They got disconnected from their WiFi hotspot. This is so similar to the UK situation (which has been fixed btw) which I mentioned earlier. Please do something about this.

EDIT:

@r.liechty_SDR

It looks like there was some work done on these farms and the guys just decided to leave the devices without any internet. So many devices are having no internet access. Is this intentional?

@r.liechty_SDR
The issue with the Korean device Farm really is concerning. Entire models have no internet access, they are connected to no WiFi hotspot. Devices we used just a few days ago are now unusable. Please look into this. The Korean Farm has the highest number of devices and for it to get into a state where there is literally no possibility of using the internet is concerning.

Hi, once more

It’s almost all device models that have been disconnected from WiFi (Korean Sever). We’ve used up almost all of our credits in order to find even one device with internet access, to no avail. Please, look into this, why is this happening?

Hope to hear from you soon
Kind regards

Samsung has been doing a lot of internet security and it may be that was the reason. Let me know if this is still out Tuesday. From what I’ve been seeing it looks like they are doing this to all device farms

Ron

Thanks for the info. Turns out you were probably right, things seem to have returned to normal on the Koream farm (devices now have internet access).

• We are hoping the USA issue will be tackled this week, we are counting on your intercession.

• Please take a deep look into the Poland device farm. I really think it has come under the attack of these bots. Devices are reserved for extremely long periods, and on the few devices we succeeded to lay our hands on, upon opening the browser, we fell on the same YouTube videos that played on the devices on the UK server. I think the Polish farm is their new “base”, so to speak.

Once more, our hopes are high, we are hoping the entire RTL will get rid of these bots. Thanks for your help, we deeply appreciate it. You have accomplished in a few weeks what support tickets could not accomplish in several months.

Kind regards

Attached screenshot is a partial view of the Poland device farm.
It has been this way since last week. And opening the browser of any of these “kidnaped” devices reveals a playing YouTube video, the same that we used to see on the UK farm

@r.liechty_SDR

Hi,
Once again, thanks for everything done so far. Apologies if my replies may sound spammy, but updates from you play a crucial role in our planning over here. For this reply, I just want to know what the status of the USA server is? The devices seem to have been reset this Monday (yesterday), and a few moments later, the bots took over everything, we succeeded in using just about three devices. Will anything be done to stop these bots? Is the engineer back?(the one you said will be returning yesterday to block access to Youtube)

I am humbly asking for something to be done, it’s been so long. We’ve been managing with other farms but honestly, the user experience with these other farms is terrible. Please make the USA farm accessible for everyone again, please do.

Thanks a lot for your help
Kind regards

I am watching the US Store today something is going on. Devices are coming up as available and are not gobbled up the second they are available. More devices are online than have been for a long time.

I don’t expect to get any news on what they are doing until it is completed. But I have higher hope now than I ever have had… but let’s wait and see before we celebrate.

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR

Yeah, it really was too early to sing a victory song
I also noticed that they were up for a long while, but at the time of this writing, it is the same old story, the devices have been made unavailable :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

Please Ron, let them know about this, please.

@r.liechty_SDR

I also noticed that the latest Fold and Flip devices were added to the USA server, you can’t imagine my excitment about that update. Unfortunately, we didn’t even have the chance to use them, the bots took over everything and none is free up till now.

Isn’t it possible to block the accounts/IP addresses responsible for this? The attacker is very surely using a VPS server or something of the like. Also, I think it is someone having to do something with Thailand, as I have personally found traces of their activity in several other device farms. The YouTube videos, for the most part, have titles in Thai, we have seen Google drive, browser history and other things in Thai. They even almost hacked one of our gmail accounts. I am providing all of this to help as much as I can in helping Samsung track down and eliminate this abuser. We have been using the Samsung RTL for years now and we have never hard such a bad experience until this intruder showed up, it really has cost us a lot.

Thanks again for everything, and our hopes are high, we believe you will find a solution to this issue
Regards

I see them becoming available and can check them out which never happened before because the bots beat me to it. It may just be a lot of people have been trying and finally have a shot or it could still be bots. We have identified other throw away email sites that are registered and trying to clear them out.

Hopefully much better as we identify more sites.

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR
Why hasn’t YouTube being blocked though? When I shared the issue about the UK server, it was resolved in a matter of days, why are things so much harder with the USA device farm?

I really think it can’t be users. The devices are reserved ALL the time, ever since yesterday, we haven’t even had one device available. For over two years using the RTL, we have never experienced such a scenario, I am convinced the bots are still at it. Like right now, as I right, all of the devices are reserved, absolutely all of them.

Generally, from experience, people hardly ever reserve the RTL devices for 2 hours, but that’s what is happening now, most devices are reserved for at least an hour.