Progress bar/ranged value complication displaying UV index wrong

Wait, how did you make the UV tag on WFS again? I can’t find it tho?

I believe it was in a previous version and not in the latest. I’ll check with the development team to see if they can bring it back.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Do you mean, in the previous version, it was possible to do the UV tag?

Also, do you have the tutorial for that? I mean the old one

I think it was the default provider for a Ranged Value and I see it discussed in another thread

As far as i remember ranged value complication will only let you choose one of the following:
Steps, battery, chance of rain & UV level

But those two weather options are no longer available.

Right now the end user can set it to Short Text and long text for text and Ranged Value.

I don’t know if the progress bar for Ranged Value is working because I have zero UV index almost all winter long where I live. I do see a dot that I assume is the start of the progress bar.

Ron

Which thread?

I’m pretty sure it works here, just, only output the value of 10 out of 100 during noon (which is high for UV values), even if the Round progress bar goes 360 degrees

The way I test the UV Range Value Complication is like:
1- Make Range Value that’s going to be a UV progress bar
2- Make it wrap (360-degree range progress bar)
3- Add a progress bar as the marker (making the mark for when the UV progress bar hits 10)
4- Testing, and it literally reaches 10 instead of 11 or 12

Hi Kirby,

I couldn’t find the thread now but I think I misread it as saying there were only the few default complications instead of only a few optional customizations.

When I researched UV index anything above 11 is considered extreme. There apparently was a 43 recorded on top of a volcano but that is disputed. And it seems meteorologist only report 0 - 11+

I’ll check out your testing.

Ron

Wait so, in theory, anything that’s above 11 is extreme and it’s near impossible to have that?

I’ve checked both the range marker and the comparison between the original UV progress bar and the UV progress bar I’ve marked with.

When the original UV progress bar reaches the maximum, it indeed hit the marker that I’ve marked before, out of the 360-degree progress bar, only 10 out of 100 are displayed

So without a doubt, the UV Complication that’s being provided by Samsung Weather seems bugged, other than other workarounds (super long progress bar that would show 10/100 as full “100/100”, there is no way I could fix it?

Just use Simple Weather app. I would not rely on the update of the Samsung Weather application.

Wait so, in theory, anything that’s above 11 is extreme and it’s near impossible to have that?

Correct

So without a doubt, the UV Complication that’s being provided by Samsung Weather seems bugged,

It appears so for Ranged Value It seems to work with Google Weather and Simple Weather. I need to test this more.

Ron

Just wonder, is it fixed on the newest WFS, or the UV Complication is still bugged?

The new WFS seems bugged out as I can’t use the watch face by myself (it stuck as the name “testing” instead of what I used to), so I ended up switching back to WFS 1.3.13

Just wonder, is it fixed on the newest WFS, or the UV Complication is still bugged?

I don’t recall if it ever was buggy it just wasn’t used properly. Because of the initial confusion they didn’t allow it to be a provider for Ranged Value.

The new WFS seems bugged out as I can’t use the watch face by myself (it stuck as the name “testing” instead of what I used to), so I ended up switching back to WFS 1.3.13

By default WFS uses your project name as the Watch Face label

There is a feature in where you can localize the watch face name that shows when you long press it.
So in your Publish (Build) Settings go to where it says App Label hover over the right end of the Label ID and click on Text ID
Add a new ID and the name of the Watch Face you want to use highlight that to close the dialog box and it will now use your preferred Label.

I haven’t fully figured out how that localizes based like it does for Time text.

You can also localize the themes in the same way.

Ron

I just check and it doesn’t work?

On previous WFS 1.3.13, just hit the “Run on Device” button and then it work just fine without doing any tricky stuff (without actually publish it)

The one you’ve said need to be published instead??

I don’t know if it has to be I just knew that works.

However, I found what you want (when I read the manual)
pancake menu upper left corner
Project → Settings
Data Tap,
You can set the project name there without having to do a build.

Ron