Progress bar/ranged value complication displaying UV index wrong

I placed a ranged value (first image, left blue bar) to display the UV radiation index like in the second image, but despite the stock watchface (second image) showing the bar 50% full, it remains at 5% on the first image
Screenshot_20220304_130110_recent
20220304_162944

The bar shows information like battery percentage correctly. And to make it show the UV index i went to “personalize” and selected it.

Thanks and sorry for my english

Does it show moderate on your digital dashboard watch face or is it low on that too? I think that the UV may only do low, moderate and high. The other options for Ranged Value work for me just that UV one.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

how did u add uv slider and the weather ?

Yes, in the digital watchface the bar is at the middle and it says “moderado” (moderate in spanish), in the custom one it olso says moderate (next to number 10), but the bar stays near number 8.

20220309_170522
Screenshot_20220309_170435_sysui
Screenshot_20220309_170447_sysui

1 Like

I only get low so I couldn’t tell if it was wrong or not.

I think I found the reason UV Index Range It only goes from 1 to 11.
I imagine the system watch face multiplies it by 9 or something. I don’t know why the complication couldn’t do that… I really don’t know who to ask but I’ll try.

I’ll play with it and see if a min 1 and max 12 in the range value works better. Give it a try yourself

Ron

It didn’t make any difference. The factory digital dashboard has access to low lever API and they must be using that.

Sorry,

Ron

Would they add the API or the UV index fix in the future? I really need it to be worked on the progress bar instead of showing the word (I’m living in Malaysia btw)

Watch Face Studio cannot control 3rd party apps. They would need to have a public API and as far as I’m aware of there are no weather apps that have this.

Ron

Wait, you mean the weather app from Samsung count as a third-party app?

Samsung Weather is for Photo and Video Editor on the Mobile. I don’t know of any Weather apps by Samsung. There are several Weather apps available for Wear OS all of them are 3rd party.

Ron

Hi Ron, Samsung has Wear OS Weather app

Which does provide Weather, Weather + Date, Sunset / Sunrise and UV custom complications.

UV Complication has one issue which needs to be fixed. It uses RangedValueComplicationData.Builder | Android Developers & Samsung developers somehow forgot or added a wrong data that causes the progress bar not to be rendered in the watch faces correctly.

Either Min / Max are wrong or value is not passed to the builder. Maybe all three.

UV complication (RANGED_VALUE type) simply isn’t working properly from the first day of Galaxy Watch4 release.

I just tested it out, as I was making the UV range complication whole 360 degrees, it’s indeed only showing 10 out of 100 as the max out, so I guess they have to fix it first, not my problem here : P

So it looks like they set wrong max value, max should be 11 or 12, certainly not 100. :smile:

min = 1f
max = 12f
value = UVvalue.toFloat()

1 Like

@amoledwatchfaces
Samsung Weather is powered by The Weather Channel. I think the Google weather is the same thing but don’t know.

If I remember right I tried the UV index ranged value and it worked. But the UV index is 0 - 11 and that is what you needed to change the Range Value to.

But I don’t see it as an option for a Ranged Value any longer or a UV tag. Maybe I’m getting too old.

Ron

@amoledwatchfaces
Are you going to add UV index to complication Suite? I couldn’t the range to work at all when selected and it does work for Digital Dashboard watch face.

Ron

Hi @r.liechty_SDR
I’m currently not planning it. Although it would be great to have it there. It needs a lot of programming work. I’ll take a look on it my spare time :slightly_smiling_face:

What I can recommend is Simple Weather app - basically best Wear OS Weather app, UI adapted to Wear OS 3, any weather custom complication you want (also RANGED_VALUE UV complication). I’m actually using it a lot. It’s free for download with some in-app purchase content like more weather icon types etc.

Try it, you will be surprised how great the UI feels.

2 Likes

screenshot_21-19-04screenshot_21-20-06

First screenshot - Left Ranged: UV Complication, Right: Humidity
Second screenshot - app UI - Wear OS Compose

I used that for a Ranged Value complication but the ring didn’t show. Maybe my color is off.

Ron

Be sure to include all Ranged Complication layouts. Based on Github page, dev used Text + Icon + Title + Progress Bar layout. In my screenshot it’s Text + Icon + Title + Progress but Title visibility is turned off.

Also, Weather app needs to have your location first in the main screen so other app parts can work correctly.