Push notifications on Watch Active 2

Hello,
I noticed that my Active 2 receive the push notification i send only if i am wearing it, is this the intended behavior? If the watch is sitting on the table the screen will light up when it receives my notification, but there is no vibration, no message displayed, no other signal.

My understanding is that is how it should work but this isn’t the right forum for that. I suggest you ask this on the Samsung Members Wearable community for better feedback.

Since this isn’t a developer question I will remove it in a few days.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.
While the issue is not strictly tied to development, in a sense it is: we are developing an app that requires push notifications, and it’s important for us that we fully understand what reaction will the device have when receiving one of our push notifications, and if this behavior is linked to the syntax of the push notification request.
I will ask on the resource you pointed me, but my question was more specifically addressing the developer side of the issue than the user’s.

Thank you for the clarification, I will certainly let this question stand now I understand where you are coming from.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Do you mind if you share how you solved the problem?
I am developing a wearable watch, but my device is not getting any push notification.

Op here, follow strictly the documentation on push notifications at this page https://docs.tizen.org/application/web/guides/messaging/push/, with a particular emphasis on message syntax. Then, don’t despair if it doesn’t work right around, i have the feeling that sometimes the registration of a new device on tizen push notification servers is not instant, and you have to wait some hours for it to have effect. I also advice to make a simple server that fires notifications to your target app id and gets the response, so you can check that the send part of the process is correct, and their server is answering correctly. Then, check to have the watch on your wrist: sometimes, if you don’t have on yourself it snuffs out the notification.

I’m sorry i couldn’t help you more but i am at work and have a lot of things to do. Feel free to ask more if you need, write me a message

Thank you so much for your reply.

I strictly followed the documentation, and I also sent push notifications using Postman.
However, only the badge number increases without any alarm.
I used the following message.
“badgeOption=INCREASE&badgeNumber=1&action=ALERT&alertMessage=Hi”
Do you know any reason for this? It’s been a week since I am stuck in this problem…

I found out that I did not add the notification privilege.
But is there any way to custom the push message?
I am using this code to push the message.
“message”: “badgeOption=INCREASE&badgeNumber=1&action=ALERT&alertMessage=Hi”
It only shows “Hi”.
I would like to add some images, change the color of the texts, change the font of the texts, and more. Is it possible?