Push notifications only delivered when type is 0

Hi,

I’m building an app with .NET for Galaxy Watch Active 2 and sending instructions to the app using push notifications using “appData” and “type”. After a lot of experiments I discovered that the notifications only reach the app when the “type” field is 0, any other value and the PushClient.NotificationReceived event doesn’t fire. If I send a new message with type 0 it fires immediately.

Here are the docs for reference
https://developer.tizen.org/development/guides/native-application/messaging/push-server

And here is my post request to the push service, notice the last parameter type:

POST https://euwest.gateway.push.samsungosp.com:8090/spp/pns/api/push
Content-Type: application/json
appId: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
appSecret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

{
    "action" : "backgroundLaunch",
    "appData" : "title:message:caption",
    "regID" : "53xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "requestID" : "160",
    "type" : 1
}

Any ideas why it’s not behaving as documented? I’ve done a workaround by passing more data in appData and always using type 0 but I did lose a lot of development time.

Hello @coderbob ,

We are very sorry to hear about your inconvenience. We are currently communicating with the relevant development team about your query and will get back to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Shuvo
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Hello @coderbob ,

Hope you are doing well! We have communicated with the relevant development team about your query. The type field is optional. However, if you want to use it, you are allowed to use the following values:

1. 0
  2. Values treated than 100

Other values such as “1” , which you were trying to pass, are system reserved.
We have requested the relevant development team to update the documentation soon, inorder to clarify these information.

We are very sorry for your temporary inconvenience and would like to thank you again for your patience.

Best Regards,
Shuvo
Samsung Developer Program