Second hand image rotation

Is there a way to make the image on the second hand rotate as the hand rotates around the center point? I have a second hand that has an eagle on it and I would like to have it flying right side up as it goes around the watch face. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

JC Willette

1 Like

I have tried a design like this. I have added an image for watch hand seconds and change the properties as follow:
Resize the image as I want
Add tags as [SEC] for rotation angle
Inner Pivot X and Y set as 225

My selected image rotate with the seconds. I am not sure will it helpful for you or not.

Hello, do you want the eagle image to rotate, or to orbit (to go around circle, but keeping “upright” orientation)?

1 Like

Orbit around the bezel but keep the eagle upright. Is this possible?

Sure, it is possible.
You would have to use the trigonometric functions to define its position coordinates x,y around the path.
I am just not sure what units does the sine and cosine in WFS actually use. By the example in documentation it is not radians, nor degrees.

Functions Definition Expression example Output example
sin(num) Returns the sine of num. sin(1) 0.84147096
cos(num) Returns the cosine of num. cos(1) 0.5403023
tan(num) Returns the tangent of num. tan(1) 1.5574077

In general the expressions would look like this (center and radius in pixels)
for x ([center position]+[x-radius]*sin([SEC_MSEC]*[angle units per second]))
for y ([center position]+[y-radius]*cos([SEC_MSEC]*[angle units per second]))

3 Likes

I have also taken a quick look at the functions.
Maybe this will help you.
Once a video and once the wfs file from the video. For the SEC file rename .zip to .wfs

SEC.zip (540.1 KB)

5 Likes

Perfect…I will try it and get
back with you. Thanks again.

JC Willette

Excellent resolution to my problem. It works great. I want to thank you for your assistance as it has enriched my knowledge and helped me create a watch face that I am proud of.

Thanks again,

JC Willette

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am glad that it also works for you and I could help with it.

1 Like

Hello,
I can do image rotation by scripting on Galaxy Watch Design. For example, I set [s] * 60 in the angel script.
Example:

I’ve done it in the angel [sec] * 60 on WFS but it doesn’t work like this.
How can I do this with WFS? Thanks.

Hi, maybe you have to write [SEC] instead [sec].

Sorry, You’re right, I had written wrong as [sec], I wrote [SEC] but it doesn’t work like GWS

I am not sure what kind of movement are you trying to achieve.
If you mean smooth rotation 10 times a minute, yes, it cant be done with [SEC] tag.
There is no sweep checkbox in WFS.
Maybe try [SEC_MSEC]*60

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work as I want. I made the watch face below on GWS. I used script [s]*60 I want the wheels to work like this on WFS. I guess I will not be able to do it on WFS. Thank you so much for your interest. Sincerely.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work as I want. I made the watch face below on GWS. I used script [s]*60 I want the wheels to work like this on WFS. I guess I will not be able to do it on WFS. Thank you so much for your interest. Sincerely.

That is really cool looking.

Many thanks. Also works for minutes.
Do you have a formula for hours?

Placement X
(100*sin([HOUR_1_12_MIN]/1.91))

Placement Y
(-100*cos([HOUR_1_12_MIN]/1.91))

for more adjustments see video above.

1 Like

Many thanks. You’re so helpful. Cheers

Hello All,

How am I supposed to have a smooth rotation ? the rotation using minute hands isnt so smooth

1 Like